Friday, November 2, 2012

NOVEMBER 2, 2012 GINGIVITIS





" Grasp, it cannot bve held--it is intangible."  Lao Tsu

There is always a need to let go, or to surrender to an issue or a situation. This usually has to happen in order to make progress.  Try never to surrender is despair, but rather to relieve yourself of the burden of an unproductive effort.  It is not easy, and be difficult to surrender. Letting go creates fear. Personally, surrendering for me in many different aspects of my life, helped me move on. It released the blockage and stagnation that has been built up around me on that paparticular issue. I am grateful and blessed to be able to do this work. If you ask who do I surrender to ...? I surrender to the Great Spirit, the Mystery of Life , Earth Mother and even the Universe. For some they surrender to their  G. O.D. If you have trust and have faith and love, you will be able to surrender easier. Find the way !~



Gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums. In Latin, 'itis' means inflammation. It could be result of an infection, ill-fitting denture or dental apparatus. In most cases it is caused by accumulation of plaque and impacted food around and under the gums.

As in my case, I see a dental hygienist regularly, but the most important advice is to Waterpik. I am not against flossing, but for ME, I get most of the food and debris out from under my gums by waterpiking after all meals. In addition I add some peppermint or lavender oil to my waterpik base fluid jar. I also use my hygienist herbal formula sprays for my gums- either lavender and/or peppermint.

Two supplements known to help with gingivitis are Vitamin C and Co enzyme Q10.
I know two homeopaths that treat gingivitis with homeopathy. These remedies include mercurius, phosphorus, silicea and kreosotum. I have used two of these remedies and it has relieved the inflamed gum area.

Left untreated, gingivitis might lead to loosening of the tooth, called periodontitis. Bad breath, also known as halitosis can be an issue with infected gums and teeth.

Goldenseal is excellent a poultice against the sore gums. I have seen an older herbalist use comfrey as a mouthwash. I would not suggest to swallow the comfrey mouthwash.

As a cardiologist I am concerned about gum disease. There are studies published linking gum disease and heart disease. This has been known for years. More physicians and even dentists should be well aware of this association.  I recommend one specific excellent integrative dental hygienist, Sandra Senzon and a few integrative dentists in the New York City area as well as other areas.

Protect your gums !!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment