Sunday, December 2, 2012

DECEMBER 14, 2012 FESTIVE BREAKFAST SYRUP






" There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune"       -William Shakespeare





So, I would to say that I am a cook. I am not. I love to eat wonderful foods. Rick and I had a taste of Jennifer Esposito's new cookie with raspberry jam on the top.See www.jennifersway.org  It seems every week there is a new cookie or bread being made by her. I asked her to put almond butter on the top next time.
So with her new pancake mix , now available at www.longevitynutritionals.com I want a new light syrup to put on the top. I can always blend blueberries and pour them on the top of the pancakes.
I wanted something cool refreshing and medicinal. So I pick Ginger (Zingiber officinalis) and for its bromelain content, pineapple. The is the GINGERED PINEAPPLE SYRUP You can use papaya for the enzyme papain, This would be GINGERED PAPAYA SYRUP.
This will yield 1 cup which can be kept in the refrigerator for one month.

1. 1 cup of chopped fresh pineapple or papaya
2.  1/2 cup of maple syrup
3. 3 teaspoons of finely grated fresh ginger


Place all in a blender. Finely pureed.
Pour contents into a small saucepan. Simmer until the syrup is infused with the ginger and aromatic 2 - 3 minutes. Strain the syrup, pressing on the pulp to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the pulp
and serve at once or refrigerate.
Please reheat before serving if int he refrigerator.

DID YOU KNOW SHE HAS FLOUR AND PANCAKE MIX ?

 NOW AVAILABLE !

You can obtain at www.longevitynutritionals.com or www.jennifersway.org


Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment