Wednesday, December 5, 2012

DECEMBER 5, 2012 MSM






" I consider you the only true genius in the world."
     Salvador Dali to Federico Garcia Lorca


There is one supplement I use for inflammation. I use it for the lungs and general inflammation of the body. It is great for muscle aches and pains. It is MSM. The name is methylsufonylmethane. There are very little research to support the health claims of MSM. Yet clinically in high doses I find it very useful.
It has demonstrated high levels of safety and usefulness as a ready source of sulphur. It is bio available sulphur. If you are ALLERGIC to sulphur drugs you WILL NOT be allergic to MSM. Sulphur is an important mineral for the detoxification pathways, connective tissue metabolism, antibody formation, and the synthesis of other organo sulphur compounds.


For added sulphur metabolism use the trace mineral , molybdenum. For a starting dose I recommend 1500 mg in divided doses, and within 3 days increase to 1500 mg twice a day.


To get higher doses I generally ask my patients to use MSM powders. In a powdered form I can get real high doses as 6 to 9 grams/day in divided doses
Until tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment