Sunday, September 26, 2010

SEPTEMBER 26, 2010 TWO LOVABLE CLOWNS AND 200 BLOGS




"The frustrations around us are not who WE are. When WE are at peace within, WE live among spiritual riches."

The ending of Summer 2010 Cherry Grove Fire Island. It was happy, yet disappointing. It was frustrating. I am not who I appeared to be this weekend. I was among many friends, some who are family to us. It was difficult for me to be at peace on this beautiful island. Mainly due to my stinking thinking and not being able to finally let go of a situation. I had expectations of people, being polite, having courtesy and just being friendly. Who was I kidding. I was dealing mainly with people who are sick--sick in the mind and sick of booze in their bodies. It is hard to be sober and deal with those who are not sober. It is hard to care for a community when those in charge of the community do not care. By the end of the weekend I was calmer.

On a more positive note, I also had much communication with friends. I have open communication with my partner Rick, too. Can you imagine if I didn't? Do you have an open communication line with your loved ones? Are you able to talk about anything that is on your mind? There are friends, and then their are true friends. Two fine friends spoke their mind. In short words (maybe not so short) they made others read between the lines of what people are saying, and allowed them to decipher the real truth. The truth is quiet and not loud. Peace came, calmness ruled


Let us continue with St. John's Wort...
I do not think that people give St. John’s Wort an effective time of use. It takes more than days and weeks. An effective time period for use is 2-3 months. The first effects are noted in 2 -3 weeks. I have seen sunburns when people taking it exposed themselves to direct sunlight on the beach. Some consider St. John’s Wort to be a psychotropic drug.

In addition to being used in depression, I have used it for circulation problems and nerve injury. I have seen cancer patients using this herb for its anti-tumor effects. I have never used St. John’s Wort as an inhibitor of neoplastic activity.

As you know I love the historical aspect of herbs. There is a tale about the red spots. Symbolic of the blood of St. John, the spots appear on the leaves on the anniversary of the saint’s beheading. The beheading of St. John the Baptist is best seen in an oil painting by Italian artist Caravaggio. It is entitled, "The Beheading of Saint John the Baptist”. The painting depicts the execution while nearby Salome stands with a golden platter to receive his head. Another bystander, the woman Herodias realizes that this execution is wrong.

The other tale is that if you sleep with a piece of the plant under your pillow, St. John will appear to you in a dream and give you a blessing. In Greek it is known as 'spathochorto' referring to its ability to heal sword wounds. It was also credited for keeping evil spirits away, for which purpose it was hung above doors on the eve of St John's day (June 24), when witches were thought to be most active. Its mystique was confirmed by the way the juice of the plant turns red on exposure to air - a phenomenon thought to symbolize the blood of St John the Baptist.

Christians believe that John the Baptist had a specific role ordained by God as precursor to Jesus. Some say that John the Baptist baptized Christ.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes! Sometimes we expect more from others but they are just not capable of what we are expecting or need from them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete