Friday, May 25, 2012

MAY 25, 2012 A MEMORY WITH A RECIPE

"Life is not to be endured; life is to be enjoyed and embraced."

No one should endure life. Every day should be an enjoyment. You should embrace today as a brand new day. I am blessed to have today. I am blessed to have every single day. I am grateful for the rain today, the fog, and the ability to get up and come to work. I am grateful to have had the time to meditate and pray. Life is a tangled ball of yarn, each with his different color with twists and turns. It is fun to untwist the roads of life.









Do you like pancakes? I do!  Lately I have been thinking about our Sunday morning breakfasts when my dad or my mom made pancakes. My brother and I would sit and wait for the delicious fluffy pancakes. We always had fresh maple syrup and fruit on the plate. My father would then ask us if there was anything we wanted to talk about. It was our 'griping' time. Looking back it was memorable. I miss those mornings. Some mornings we would all go to The Raceway Dinner on Yonkers Avenue. Our next door neighbor, Britta from Denmark was always our waitress. I am sitting here thinking about these times which are more than 40 years ago. Where has time gone!

So I want pancakes. I cannot have a gluten pancake, so here is my gluten free pancake recipe

1. 1 - 2 1/2 cups of a mixture of (70%) almond meal and (30%) tapioca flour
2. 2 tablespoons of wild flower honey
3. 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
4. 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
5. 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (unsweetened)
6. 2 tablespoons of butter (melted)
7. 2 organic whole eggs

The pancake batter should look like a milkshake not lumpy so you might need a little more flour
This should make between 12-14 pancakes. Another option is to use buckwheat flour and make buckwheat (gluten free) pancakes
What about the syrup? I would take 2 cups of blueberries. Mash and blend and pour over your hot delicious pancakes.

Do you have a special memory with a recipe? I was happy to know Susan Love of Heritage cookbooks. She was a gracious woman. Go to http://www.heritagecookbooks.com/  and do one for your family.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment