Monday, March 12, 2012

MARCH 12, 2012 HYOSCYAMUS






































"Praise softens. Criticism hardens. We can become all that we want to become."



I have become the man I always wanted to be. I have flaws. Who doesn't. I often hold my tongue. It is my fault. I have expectations of friends that I should not have held. I knew if I had those expectations I would get disappointed. And that I did! We all can slip back into our old behaviors and moods. I am still learning after all the work, meditation, and prayer time I have spent on myself. I praise when I should praise. It is soft and kind. We all need that once in a while. I often DO NOT criticise others. Sometimes I feel I should , but I do not. Sometimes this will lead to resentments and anger. I am tired of resentments. Resentments and anger will make you ill. I do not need to get ill. I have enough of illness around me in my daily G.O.D. chosen profession. You know what I am more tired of- DRAMA. I rested yesterday to reflect upon the addiction of DRAMA. Some people thrive on DRAMA for that is all they know. DRAMA IS AN ADDICTION. My definition of drama is that it is another way of stating - ' energy thief. ' There are other energy theives as food, television, blackberry, iPAD etc. I may sometimes project my answers as dramatic ! I am learning not to do this ! We all need some work.


Since drama can sometimes involve emotional problems, I wanted to discuss Hyoscyamus ( H niger) Other names for this herb include hog's bean, black benbane and stinking Roger. I haven't looked up why stinking Roger , but will let you know. In ancient times, the Romans thought this plant was poisonous. It thrives on heaping rubbish and in cemeteries. How odd !



It has been used in conventional medicine as a pain medication, a sedative and even against seizures. It has been used as a antispasmodic hyocine. I have recommended this herb to a psychiatrist for one of his patients that felt paranoid ( suspicious) . This patient felt she was being poisoned by her landlord. This might not be far fetched living in New York City. Many landlords want to get the elderly out of thgeir rent stabilized apartments so you never know. This patient was either very silent at times, and other times she was non stop talking. I discussed with the psychiatrist to use this as a homeopathic remedy as it would not interfere with her psychiatric medications. He said, " he would think about it, but felt uncomfortable using any herb with medications." Remember homeopathic remedies are not herbs are dilutions of herbs, not the actual herb. Herbs are drugs and I can understand the interaction when given together. More physicians need to be educated about botanical medicine.




The essential oil is used to treat rheumatic pains and nerve pain when used externally . The best use I have had for tincture of HYOSCYAMUS is for the senile or benign tremor The only drawback to this tincture is the amount that must be taken for senile or benign tremors. It is 30- 40 drops 3 -4 times a day. The amount is high but I have used it and is effective.




Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment