Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MARCH 15, 2012 BLOOD SUGAR STABILIZATION









































"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


JK Rowling from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone



Dreams are great. We all want certain thigs to happen and dreams to come true. Once you find what your dream is, reach for it and grab it. One of my dreams was to be a dancer. It never happened. I support dance and theatre and have many friends in the theatre. I live through them. I have always admired the great dancers- Astaire, Kelly, O'Connor, Rogers and many more. I do not dwell on my dreams. I had a dream to be a doctor. In retrospect I wanted to be a vetenarian. I love animals. I had a G.O.D. chosen profession for me. It was to be a healer. For this I am grateful.


Harry Potter holds a special place in my heart. From the time the book was written, my son Gregory and I shared every book. We read them together. We saw the films together and we even visited the Science Museum in Boston for a Harry Potter exhibit. Great memories...


There are many ways to treat diabetes. Most individuals need a blood sugar stabilization. I use many minerals/supplements to control sugar cravings and blood sugar stabilization in addition to exercise and dietary lifestyle changes.



Since most individuals like drinking an herbal tea ratrher than a tincture due to the alcohol content, I have a Blood Sugar Formula




1. Dandelion Root 1 oz


2. Huckleberry leaf 1 oz


3. Fenugreek seed 1 oz


4. Devil's club 1 oz

I would buy 1 oz of each, mix together and have 1/2 cup /day for three weeks on and then stop for 1-2 weeks and then restart.




I have never discussed Devil's club or Huckleberry leaf.




Devil's Club (Oplopanax horridus) is a large shrub that I have never seen. It grows in western North America. It does have large palmate leaves and woody stems covered in brittle spines. It doesn't feel like a plant I would venture near. After looking up some data I find there is a relation to the other adaptogenic plants which I use. It is related to the American ginseng.


Huckelberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) has been used mediocinally for years. Its berries have a high content of tanins, vitamin C, pro Vitamin A and vitamin B. It has a great effect on the digestive system. I know one of my Nanny's close freinds used to bring her huckelberry jam every year. It can be used for hemrrhoids, but I have also read in Sauer's Herbal Cures that it is a great mouthwash for the gums/teeth. Huckelberry improves vision probably due to the pro Vitamin A. It has oval shaped leaves with white or pink flowers. The berries are beautiful. It helps stabilize blood sugar and can be used as a preventative herb for diabetes.



For those with sugar cravings, find some - as a tincture 25 drops with water 3 times a day.




Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment