Monday, September 17, 2012

SEPTEMBER 17, 2012 SIBERIAN RHUBARB





" Be a student of life . We can learn only if we open our minds to our teachers."

I plan to be a student for life. I love learning . I have opened my mind to my botanical mentor, 7song and 'things' began to happen. It has allowed me to use plants medicinally, but also intuitively. It allowed me to write blogs, and reinvent myself. It has allowed me to be passionate about Earth Mother. This is why I help the honeybee population. It has allowed to me to join United Plant Savers and the American Botanical Council. I am currently set up for my classes/degrees for 2013
NEVER STOP LEARNING !


I meet many women who start to have menopausal symptoms before the actual menopause and sometimes can last up to five years. This can impact the daily life of the woman. Some of these symptoms could be hot flashes, night sweats, and even depression. For some women, the choice is easier- hormonal therapy. I do offer hormonal therapy, but it is Bio identical Natural Hormonal replacement. For those that do not want any hormones, I can offer a few herbal remedies as chasteberry, lady mantle and many other herbs. Black cohash does offer some relief and has a good safety marguis. There are also good studies on this herb.

Recently a new herb emerged int he use of post menopausal symptoms. This is the extract of Siberian rhubarb ( Rheum rhaponticum L ) This product has been known as ERr 731 since the 1990's. It has been demonstrated that 4mg daily offers significant relief from menopausal symptoms versus placebo.

Despite the name ERr 731 - IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY FORM OF ESTROGEN.

I have great clinical data of those women whom have taken ERr 731. Hot flashes also known as hot flushes do impact daily work in an active female. I didn't mention the poor concentration, fatigue and memory decline can be directly correlated to the number and severity of hot flashes.  40% of women get physical and mental exhaustion. Today, forgetfulness is a reported symptoms.

This type of rhubarb is not be confused with the garden variety that is used as a laxative. The Chinese and the Indian rhubarbs to contains a higher amount of tannins,. This is not present int he Siberian rhubarb These other rhubarbs also contain anthraquiones which are less present int he Siberian form.

To be honest, the mechanism of this Siberian rhubarb is not completely understood. I believe that it is a multiple of reactions that synergistic work together to be effective.  It does appear to act as an  estrogen agonist. If female now have this choice- far fewer hormonal treatments- conventional versus bio identical would be used.
With its background studies it is made by Metagenics. The compound featuring ERr 731 is called ESTROVERA - by Metagenics - it CONTAINS NO ESTROGEN.

FOR YOUR RHUBARB
Call  Longevity Nutritionals at 212  6688-5536  or 888-77-vitamins or check  out their website www.longevitynutritionals.com
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment