Friday, September 21, 2012

SEPTEMBER 21, 2012 YOUR NICHE









"Feel your aliveness, your strength, your flow and your desires "

Through meditation and prayer you can center yourself  and enter into the most sacred places within yourself. You will bring awareness to what you want to do in life. It will be magical. This will play a role in your life- so you move through it and into the fullness of your life.



Have you found your place in life? Do you have certain ' niche' ? Do you think you are where you should be at this time in your life ? These are all questions we ask ourselves in our lifetime . I have asked  myself these questions many times. For today, I am happy where I am. I am serene and calm these days. I am sure prayer/meditation, self esteemable hobbies and continued learning has a lot to do with it. I also know when you have the love and support of a partner , it does make life easier.

I have a 'niche' - Healing. I always knew I wanted to heal. In retrospect, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I finished college. I did not get into a vet school. I went to medical school. I am not unhappy with that decision as it was a G.O.D. given , but I was dismayed with the medical treatment of patients. I sought after more answers. These I found in Integrative Medicine and Botanical Medicine.

After reading my son's blog and viewing his pictures from Belize where he volunteered at the Belize Zoo and Primate and Manatee Rehabilitation,  I wanted to learn more about Spider Monkeys. I have always been interested in primates. During college I worked with Primates with a college friend

Spider monkeys of the genus Ateles are New World monkeys in the subfamily Atelinae, family Atelidae. Like other atelines, they are found in tropical forests of Central and South America, from southern Mexico to Brazil. The genus contains seven species, all of which are under threat; the black-headed spider monkey and brown spider monkey are critically endangered. Their disproportionately long limbs and long prehensile tails make them one of the largest New World monkeys and gives rise to their common name. Spider monkeys live in the upper layers of the rainforest, and forage in the high canopy, from 25 to 30 m (82 to 98 ft) They primarily eat fruits, but will also occasionally consume leaves, flowers, and insects. I saw photos of Gregory preparing the food for the spider monkey.  Due to their large size, spider monkeys require large tracts of moist evergreen forests, and prefer undisturbed primary rainforest.They are social animals and live in bands of up to 35 individuals but will split up to forage during the day

From the pictures above, it seems clear to me there is happiness and serenity. There is no fear. There is a connection. Perhaps energetically there is a bond. It seems to us the 'niche' has been found. After viewing those photos, I would love to have a spider monkey as a pet. There is much controversy in keeping spider monkeys as pets. In addition I do not know enough about the monkey nor the legality in New York State. I know one day we will be visiting Gregory in  a remote place where he cares and studies Primates.

Photo Credit: Gregory Patrick Fratellone- Belize


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment