Friday, September 28, 2012

SEPTEMBER 28, 2012 TIME




" TIME is a flowing river. Happy are those who allow themselves to be carried, unresisting with the current. They float through easy days. The live, unquestioning in the moment. " Christopher Morley

The next days ahead will be a flowing river. We will be carried by the light. There are two books I read that have the number, 100 in the title. These are " 100 Places To Visit before you Die." and 100 Quiet and Serene places in New York City.

I have regrets that there are places I have not visited. Rick and I still have time. As we looked at the first book, there are places we each have never been to. As we looked through the second book on peaceful places in New York City, we are trying to go to each of those places. The place we have chosen or rather chosen for us to visit in the next 10 days is in neither of these books. It is the country of Romania. We will be landing in Cluj and traveling to Transylvania.

Yes I said Transylvania. it is a place neither of us have been, nor in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would visit. It is a gift.  I often think my time is not valuable unless I am doing something useful

Some of this time has been spent doing my hobbies which includes needle crafting, card making, beekeeping and much more. Rick and I need time. Time off to be serene and quiet and to explore. Time does heal all hurt and pain. All things shall pass

Nature shows us that morning follows night. We shall see what morning and night has to offer in Romania.
There will be beauty, compassion and love there. It will be a long flight. I do not do well on long flights. So I have decided to do what I know best on a flight.-Needle point, knitting and reading. Being who I am- I can't settle ON just one of each. I will bring three new needle points, 3-4 books and much yarn.
I do not want to read medicine so I have the following:

1. The Life of Pi
2. Miracle of Mind fullness
3. That Woman : Life of the Duchess of Windsor
4. The Sacred and the Profane

The last book is by a Romanian, Mircea Eliade. It was originally written in 1954. It is about an exciting introduction to religion. Mircea was   the chairman of the department of the history of religions at the University of Chicago. He has written many books. It was suggested by a patient, Mr A. whom knew we were going to Romania. Perhaps I will find more about what Mr Eliade means by visiting his country of birth.

Until tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment