Thursday, April 29, 2010

A = APHRODISIACS, B = BODY


April 29, 2010 Thursday



Someone whom I adore sent this to me this morning: "It is a great relief to know yourself rather than FEAR what others think of you."


I used to worry what others thought of me. It was self-sabotage. It creeps in every once in a while, but for the most part on a given day, I do not think much about what others may think. I sometimes need reminders from friends who in reality have become my extended family. It is so important to know what makes one happy. It can take a lifetime for one to realize it. I didn't want to be one of those individuals. I have no regrets, or rather "No MORE Regrets" - best to hear in French by Edith Piaf. This blog makes me happy, so let's get started...



Reducing inflammation is the key to better health. Inflammation in the small intestines can lead to inflammation of the thyroid, heart, arteries and so much more. It can also lead to inflammation of the sexual organs. In 1966, William Masters and Virginia Johnson published the Human Sexual Response. This book researched and discussed how both men and women respond to sexual stimulation. I feel that was the beginning of the sexual revolution. Some may disagree. It discussed excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. Perhaps just these four words are making you tingle in your chair! I know Gypsy Rose Lee used the term aphrodisiac in "Gypsy" as a one-liner.


It is known that an aphrodisiac can stimulate all four of these responses. It also increases one's desire. We especially need this as we get older. Some herbs are used for cleansing or as a decongestant for the pelvis area of both men and women. An example is red root (aka wild lilac). I will discuss these herbs in a future blog. Some of the herbal aphrodisiacs are taken before the actual love-making. It is important that you do not read this and start buying these herbs. Remember always to consult your health care practitioner. Herbs are drugs. I want you to understand the maximum effectiveness and safety of these herbs. When I was younger, I would see horny goat weed being sold as an aphrodisiac. In my wildest dreams I never thought one day I would be reading, writing and studying herbs. When you decide to start an herb, you start slow. If you can see a beneficial effect, the old adage that more is better is not applied here. Actually, it shouldn't be applied to any situation.


Herbs for the physical effect


1. Ginger ( Zingiber officinale ) - from the root of the plant; this herb stirs the sexual sensation in both men and women. You can get it fresh at your local farmer's market. Some people prefer capsules or tinctures. Use the fresh ginger root for maximum benefit. Be careful if taking blood thinners.


2. Damiana ( Turnera aphrodisiaca ) Love this herb - it is from a shrub and used for both sexes. See, I am not being partial to the men reading this blog. I have used it in tea form. Women use it for low libido, urinary and vaginal infection and menstrual difficulty. Men use it for impotence (totally another story), premature ejaculation and prostate complaints.


I think it is important to discuss prostate inflammation (prostatitis) in a separate blog. The damiana contains alkaloids, which work in a manner similar to caffeine in stimulating the body. These stimulate the blood flow in the genital region (below the waist). Some use damiana to calm their nerves.


The needle work or simple stitching above will be used as a coaster. I displayed it in another blog. There are actually 4 to be finished.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment