Friday, April 9, 2010

A RED DAY: VEGGIE CHILI

April 9, 2010 Friday

"Today I have a relationship with a Higher Power and a friend that I can be vulnerable with; I do not need to be perfect to be loved."

No one wants to be vulnerable to anything, but it is how we feel emotion. Someone once asked where do I feel emotion and I didn't know how to answer. This was more than fifteen years ago. I feel emotion today in my gut as a tension, in my arms as they tighten up and as a dryness in my throat. I am happy with myself because I can feel emotion. We will discuss emotion more later.

Today, I want to give you dinner recipes. It is only fair since for the last two days I have blogged about breakfast and lunch. I was thinking about a Veggie Chili. If you want to make it, then fast chop the vegetables in the food processor. It is in the bottom cabinet to the left. YOU MUST CLEAN YOUR VEGETABLES WITH A VEGETABLE WASH because washing them in water will not rid the vegetables of aspergillus, WHICH IS YEAST!!

VEGGIE CHILI

You will need:
2 large onions
1 green pepper cut into 1/4 inch slices
3 garlic cloves finely chopped and allowed to sit for 15 minutes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tsp of salt (go easy on the salt for the blood pressure)
1 celery stalk cut into 1/4 pieces
16 ounce can of whole tomatoes
2 zucchini cut into 1/2 cubes
1 can of white beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of chickpeas (avoid the kidney beans as these are yeasty)
3 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro (helps rid the bodyof the mercury you may have)
3 scallions, finely chopped

Saute the onions, peppers and garlic in a 4 quart heavy pot over high heat; stir until softened, which is about 7 minutes. Add the chili powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes with its sauce, celery and zucchini. Simmer and stir occasionally for 15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.

Stir in the 3 types of beans you selected for 5 minutes. Now it's ready to serve. Top each bowl with the cilantro and scallions. Wow!! It tastes great.


Great beauty, evil opium, delicious bakery buns, grand war memorials...and the world's most popular wildflower by Ray Allen. Above is the red poppy needle point. When I finished it, I absolutely loved what I had captured in this flower. In a previous blog, I had finished a red poppy with other flowers which was initially framed and now a pillow. This was always going to be a pillow. I made it for a red leather chair we have. I added a button in the middle. When someone saw it they commented that they never have seen a red clam. Can you believe it! They didn't see the poppy. I guess we all have different perception. From a distance, it is and can only be a red poppy.

Photo credit: Rick Byrd

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment