Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WEDNESDAY JULY 9, 2011 DMG? DEAR MR. GABLE




















Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~Author Unknown

I wouldn't say this would be my definition but I find it enchanting. Yes, I wrote the word enchanting. I tried to think about the many songs with LOVE in the title. Call me old fashioned, but I thought of the old singers. Here are some that came to mind.

All We Need is Love, I Will Always Love You, Love Can Build a Bridge, Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Love For Sale (Billie Holiday), Saving All my Love for You, I Celebrate my Love Tonight, Love Me Tender (Elvis Presley), Love Me Do (Beatles) and from Chorus Line-What I Did for Love.

Can love be sung? Can love be spoken? Can love be shouted? Can love be written? Honestly I do not know the answer. For me, love comes from within. It is true we all show love in different ways. Love should not be confused with receiving or giving material gifts. The question, "How do you know when you are in love?" is wildly misunderstood. Do the stars burst? Do you get a thwang in your stomach and fluttering in your heart? The feeling of love is different from person to person. I feel warm, cuddly and excitable. I know for sure that the last person I want to see before my eyes for the last and final time is him, and my children. I know this for sure. Sometimes you just know who your soul mate is and sometimes you are unsure. If you have met your soul mate, hold on to him or her and never let him or her go. (even on that 'Enchanted Evening').

What is this thing called DMG? It is N,N-Dimethylglycine. It is a supplement that is what I call a metabolic enhancer. It makes it easier for the process of metabolism. Metabolism is the breaking down or building up of compounds in the body. I think of DMG as if it was an adaptogenic herb like ashwaganda, Siberian ginseng or gotu cola. Like adaptogens, DMG normalizes physiological functions of the body and helps maintain homeostasis within the body.

There are many functions of DMG:
1. Provides a useful building unit for the biosynthesis of other vitamins
2. Improves immune function
3. Improves oxygen utilization
4. Has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-tumor properties
5. Reduces cholesterol
6. Improves circulation
7. Enhances energy levels
8. Improves neurological function
9. Improves memory and verbal skills
10. Improves glucose metabolism
11. Aids in detoxification
12. Improves physical and mental performance

It sounds too good to be true, but I have found this supplement to be a universal enhancer. I find it easier to chose the path of prevention rather than treating a degenerative disease. I do want people to consider taking this supplement.



Remember HEALTH IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF DISEASE, BUT AN OPTIMAL STATE THAT POSTPONES AGE RELATED DEGENERATIVE DISEASES ALLOWING US TO LIVE A HAPPIER, HEALTHIER AND LONGER LIFE.

I would even go as far as to say that DMG is the 'other' decade nutrient. The first decade nutrient is Vitamin D3.

I have prescribed and suggested the use of DMG in the following diseases:
1. Cardiovascular conditions
2. Autoimmune diseases
3. Cancers
4. Autism
5. Alcohol and drug dependence
6. Respiratory problems
7. Liver detoxification
8. Allergies
9. Chronic fatigue syndrome

Research suggests that because DMG boosts our cell's most basic functions it is one of the most important nutrients you can take.



...love is being married to your best friend - happy anniversary to us






Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Doc,

    I'm a patient of yours and am very interested in DMG. I called Longevity but was told they do not have any DMG supplements. What brand and dosage do you recommend (28 Male, Leaky Gut, Bicuspid Aortic Valve)? Thanks!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete