Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10, 2010 Heaven, Earth and Angels




JUNE 10, 2010 Thursday

"Believe that all is well. Feel the fear, then let it go. We are being led, one day at a time."

Today, especially today, all is well. I used to fear this month and this day. I have let that go, not only one day at a time but one moment at a time. As my anniversary day approaches, I reflect on the past sixteen years, on where I was, where I am today and where I will be in the future. Yet as I stated yesterday, projection is not always in my best interest. I realized that I will have no fear about the upcoming 50. I will let all that go and let the flow, happiness and energy flow through me. I will trust whatever will happen.

Let's continue with mushrooms. If you like mushrooms, then you should pick and choose which ones you should ingest. First of all, do not pick them in the forest and just eat them. Although they may be edible, there are also poisonous mushrooms. I discussed Maitake, Reishi, Shiitake and the old Maltese Mushroom. Honestly, I will have to ask my professor, 7song, about this one. It actually confused me when I read about it.

The Cloud Fungus also called Coriolus versicolor has been the focus of cancer research in Europe. It is often called PSK. PSK shows benefits for treatment of cancer ans other diseases such as lupus, arthritis, AIDS. I do not know the mechanism of this mushroom nor could I find in the literature how it actually works. A Japanese study stated that PSK influences the spread of cancer by inhibiting tumor invasion, suppressing tumor attachment and suppressing growth of the tumor. These are the possible theories. PSK has also been used in conjunction with radiation and chemotherapy with extension of patient survival especially in leukemia patients.

I have found that when a patient has cancer, they must exhaust every possible treatment. They should get a second opinion not only from another allopathic conventional doctor but from other health care professionals with a variety of other treatment modalities for their condition. There are websites such as the NIH or NIC for new chemotherapy trials. There are books on cancer treatment from all standpoints. Matthew Mumber, MD wrote a book called, "Intergrative Oncology", which I feel every cancer patient should read. There are books by Gary Gorden, MD and the Moss Reports. Be assertive and ask for help. Seek advice from acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, and herbalists. Although heart disease is still the #1 killer in the United States, I feel we can spend some time on the Cancer Modality and the 7 lifestyle changes. I will discuss, in future blogs, the treatment using supplements, vitamins, herbs, enemas, spirituality, visualization, art, music and acupuncture.

My mother had cystic breast cancer when I was young. I know she had many operations by the time I was 15 years old. On June 5, 1982, my parents were to attend an event. My mother didn't feel well and had been to the doctor and hospital in the previous two days. I was to go with my father in her place but she changed her mind at the last minute. As I was bringing her a cup of tea, she screamed and I found her unconscious. My father and I performed CPR, allowing her to reach the hospital. My father had the agonizing decision to disconnect the respirator on June 10, 1982. She had a rupture of a brain aneurysm/hemorrhage with no chance of survival.

Life went on, without being able to discuss that night with my father. For years, I blamed myself for failing at CPR. Of course, today, I know that is not true. It was my perception as a young man at age 21. Within four days, the wake and funeral were over. I became twenty two six days after she died. I felt lost. Over the years, my mother became my guardian angel. I can still hear her voice in my dreams. About a year ago, I woke up in a panic not being able to remember what she looked like. Again, with Rick at my side, we sorted through old photos until we found a photograph. We have it in the den now. Today at St. Peter's the Apostle Church, I lit a candle in her memory. She is always with me. She is my heavenly angel. Heavenly angels, often referred to as guardian angels, are mentioned numerous times in the Scriptures. Therein, we learn that angels are spiritual beings created by God to serve him and sent by God to watch over the human race, to deliver his message, to guard and protect us from danger and to do battle with other spiritual beings on our behalf.

Since the beginning of time, angels have delivered God's messages to mankind. My mother has delivered many messages to me, often in times of dispair but also in times of happiness. Sometimes the messages are warnings of impending danger, sometimes instructions as to what to do in a particular situation, sometimes they are simply "there" as protection from enemy forces.

When Rick and I saw Billy Elliot, I cried when a song was sung about a letter his mom had written to young Billy. I often think if my mother knew that events would have happened, what she might have said. She would have said, "I love you dearly. Sorry I missed your growing, your maturing, your children, your successes and defeats, your graduation and your Rick but always know I was there." Thanks Mom.

The needlepoint above is of heaven and the moon. The moon is smiling, as I smile upon this day and the month ahead.

Photo credit: Carol
Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. This entry made me cry. Thank you for sharing such a tender, emotional moment with the world.

    ReplyDelete