Wednesday, June 16, 2010

JUNE 16th 2010 - A Review: 50 years

At 3:30 pm on June 16th 1960, Pat Fratellone, Jr was born at Yonkers General Hospital. He is the son of Vincetta and Pat Fratellone. My life began there... It would take blogs to tell you about my life. I will retype a birthday message I received from Joan and Bob.

Fifty years hath our Patrick,
Filled with love for the healthy and the sick.
He's surrounded by dogs and fish a lot,
And let's not forget his pet parrot.

His fingers are nimble and don't miss a stitch
His needlepoint is firm, but it won't make him rich.
Like the revolutionary register of Madame DeFarge
He'll knit you a scarf and he won't even charge.

His patients regard him with very much love,
And God sends him blessings from way up above.
His life is enriched by Rick, Alyssa and Greg,
And patients to see him will soon have to beg.

The waiting list is long and full of new faces,
But he'll tackle them all as onward he races.

So a birthday wish is sent from us folks,
Who hope you'll avoid the fire escape to smoke
Who want you slow down and savor some rest,
So we can preserve our doctor - the greatest and the best.

Happy 50th Birthday

I truly love this special poem for me from Joan and Bob. This weekend has been filled with love, happiness, health, pride, joy and gratitude. I cannot express the warmth in my heart. It is beyond my wildest dreams that a weekend of such magnitude could even be for me. There are so many to thank, but first I must thank God for allowing me to savor this day and my life. There was a time , more than 16years ago that I asked God to help me make it through the day, and not repeat the same behaviors again. But I did, again and again. Whether it was a serene or divine moment, I listened and have listened to sponsors, others in my recovery, and to my Higher Power. I am one among millions who get the message. I am fortunate.

As far as the warmth in my heart, I owe it to Frederick Ellis Byrd, Jr, or Ricky. He has allowed me to see the person I am. He has opened my eyes and heart to the world, helped me appreciate the small things, not sweat them, and he is always there. I love and adore my children, now adults, Alyssa and Gregory. During my party, their speeches and photograph moments made me cry, laugh, and smile. I have been blessed with family, friends who have become my family, friends, and patients.

Although loved ones are no longer here in the physical sense, they are here spiritually and emotionally, so I will...

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile, even though, it's breaking
When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile, through your fear and sorrow
Smile, and there'll be tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
If you'll
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear. may be ever so near
That's the time, you'll keep on trying
Smile, what's the sue of crying.
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,

If you'll just
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear, may ever so near,
That's the time, you'll keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying ?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you'll just SMILE.
SMILE

Blessings to Mom, Dad, Nanny and Poppy--Thank you for allowing me to be the man I am today..

For today only, there will be no medical blogging, I want this day off.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment