Thursday, November 17, 2011

NOVEMBER 18, 2011 BOARD GAMES














































"RESPOND INTELLIGENTLY EVEN TO UNINTELLIGENT TREATMENT."





If you are not treated well, do not respond with anger or emotion. Respond with intelligence and learn to let go and walk away. It is not the easiest thing to do, but in the long run it will pay off. Pray for those who treat you unintelligently.



I am a child of the 1960's! I do not know if I am considered a Baby Boomer or not. I do know as a child then, we did not have the games of today since most of the games are now on computers or phones. We played board games. My brother and I always played board games with our parents or with our cousins. Some of the games I played were Risk, Monopoly, L.I.F.E., Trouble and Candy Land.



In the 1980's a board game which determined the player's ability to answer general knowledge and popular questions was released. It was released in 1982, and gained major popularity in 1984. The game is Trivial Pursuit. The game was actually released in 1979 in Canada with initial concept by Chris Haney. By 2004, nearly 88 million games were sold in 26 countries and in 17 languages.




The technology of today has changed interaction of family members. Board games are fun and exciting. It allows for interaction of family members on a special level. If you ever played Trivial Pursuit I always sought the Pink Pie ( Entertainment ) and Green Pie ( Science Nature) first.



As a herbalist ( RH) I want a game that teaches edible and medicinal plants. At the AHG (American Herbal Guild) symposium in St. Petersberg, I bid at the silent auction on Wildcraft. Wildcraft is a Herbal Adventure Game for the whole family. The game teaches you 25 important edible and medicinal plants and their uses in most first aid situations. I love the game. It is a beautifully illustrated, nature based cooperative game for the whole family. It is created in the tradition of the old classic board games.




Th game is also green friendly - box/board made with 100% recycled paper, printed with vegetable oil based ink and uses no varnish.


This is a great game. It will also make a great Christmas gift





Until tomorrow...








No comments:

Post a Comment