Sunday, November 6, 2011

NOVEMBER 8, 2011 WHY DOES RAW MILK GET A RAW DEAL ? IT SHOULDN'T
































"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead



I have admired Margaret Mead's writings and teachings since I was in high school. I believe and know this statement can be true. What I know now that I didn't know then is it depends where you are! You certainly cannot be a small isolated island gay community and expect change. We have tried to get people to think 'green,' (Eco friendly) and recycle and that didn't have near the impact we had hoped. I find this irresponsible to the environment. I also find not having quality emergency medical care for the elderly in any community, especially in a gay community- irresponsible. On the other hand I have witnessed change if the small group is thoughtful. One example is the growing population of beekeepers and the formation of environmentally conscious beekeeping associations. I have even witnessed this as a RH, where new chapters of the American herbal Guild are popping up in rural areas.


And another is the Campaign for Real Milk, a project of the Weston A Price Foundation.


Your great grandparents definitely fed your grandparents raw milk. Your grandparents probably fed your parents raw milk. Depending on your age , you were not fed raw milk. There is sort of an underground connection necessary to get raw milk in states where it is not leagal. I find it utterly ridiculous that raw milk can be illegal in some states. Why? More and more people are understanding the benefits of eating real food and they want to buy raw milk where they live. But most of the time those who want raw milk must travel outside to other statesto get it.



I discovered a new magazine years ago, and offered to write for it for free. I did many issues and was delighted with the articles. One article was a question/answer forum. One individual asked a question about raw milk, and as always, I answered to the best of my G.O.D. given ability. Another physician, conventional in approach, did not agree with the answer and told the editor. To this date I have not published an article in this magazine since. I have written several times but to no avail. I had to let it go! Some people, (even doctors) are so narrow minded.


Did you know that clean raw milk from grass fed cows actually was used as a medicine? Clean raw milk is a completely safe and balanced food. It has been used for centuries--from Hippocrates until World War II.


If you are a cow's milk drinker, you are consuming quite a bit of sugar- lactose. There are better proteins in raw milk, not found in pasteurized or homogenized milk. One is lactoferrin, an iron binding protein (which improves absorption and assimilation of iron, in addition to having anticancer and antimicrobial action) Do I need to say more? Then there is raw milk's antibiotic protein/enzymes. These are lyzozyme and lacoperioxidase. These are NOT in your regular pasturized cow's milk



People are afraid of raw milk due to fat content. Fat is a bad word in America. The healthy animal fats were always used until 1911. This country was forced away from animal fats, like raw milk (read about Abrahan Strauss in the Untold Story of Milk) towards trans fat laden Crisco and Wonder Bread. What happened then? We had no heart disease before 1911, but with these changes in diet came an abundance of disease.




CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is in raw milk. This is a polyunsaturated Omega 6 with great health benefits ranging from increased metabolic rate, to strengthening the immune system to reducing resistance to insulin (that would mean less diabetics in this country). Then there is the vitamins and minerals content of raw milk. Raw milk contains every known fat and water soluble vitamin. All the trace minerals, vitamins and enzymes are in raw milk. The enzyme variety (amylase, catalase, lactase, lipase, phosphatase and lactoperoxidase) found in raw milk surpasses most all other foods.




Yes this is a very hot and controversial topic. My aim is to learn and share as much as I can in my time on Mother Earth. I know what you are thinking? Do I only use raw milk? The answer is no but I am sure I use more than the average person. I am one of those thoughtful committed citizens.



So now it is your turn to TAKE ACTION


So I bet you want to obtain some raw milk and just taste it! Have you ever tasted raw milk? You must first go and obtain more information on obtaining raw milk near where you live. I would make sure it is a site run by the Weston a Price Foundation.


so http://www.realmilk.com/

or http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/


Get Real Milk brochures and pass them out. Call Weston A Price at (202) 363-4394.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment