Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DECEMBER 20, 2011 JUNIPERIS AND HAIR






















"Seek to see the good in everything that happens."










When something happens I used to see the bad side of the event. The poor me! Why me! Now I seek to see the good in everything that happens-- or at least I try to see the good. Sometimes in tragedies, death, and murder I cannot seek the good. Try to seek the good. It makes all the difference.


Juniperis communis was used in ancient Greece and Egypt to combat the spread of disease. The common name is Juniper. It is an evergreen shrub with bluish green stiff needles. Even the French used it in WW II for the same purpose of combating the spread of disease. Today I use juniper for those men with prostatitis and women with interstitial cystitis.

For three years I have been using a variety of remedies for strengthening and growing hair. My favorites are Horsetail with Fennel. I have had too many hairstyles in the last 40 years. I was reminded of this when a video was shown at my 50th birthday party. I didn't even recognize myself in some of those photos.

Here is a great hair and scalp tonic using rosemary, cedar wood and juniper.
Use10 drops of juniper essential oil, 8 drops of rosemary and 7 drops of cedarwood added to 1 1/2 fluid ounces (50 ml) or 9 teaspoons of olive oil.
Massage into the scalp before you wash it. Wrap the head in a warm towel for about two hours. Yes, 2 hours.
Wash out with a mild shampoo massaging the shampoo into the hair before you wet it to remove all the oil.
You will be amazed, refreshed and lively when you come out of the shower.

I also use rosemary and cedar wood with cypress oil for those adults and/or children with dandruff. I use 6 drops of rosemary, 6 drops of cedar wood and 4 drops of cypress oil in 50ml olive oil. Massage in and leave overnight. For the children I use half the amount of essential oils.

One thing to remember: Never use juniper for pregnant women.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment