Saturday, December 31, 2011

DECEMBER 31, 2011 REAWAKEN YOUR SPIRIT































As the year closes I am reminded of two Yehuda Berg quote's-

"Stop worrying about tomorrow, Be HERE and HEAR." and

"We all fall. The challenge is picking ourselves up."


I need to hear both of these this morning as the day continues. Once again I must pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again- and do it the Frank Sinatra way. I also have to be in the now --NOT the Past and not the Future. It is hard not to be in the past as midnight approaches. I reflect of years gone by. I never went out on the Eve. I always wanted to. From age 18 to now there seemed to be a reason to return home to be with my grandparents and/or father. I never wanted to leave my grandparents as they had lost all their children and I never wanted them to be alone. The immediate family is no longer physically there. There were years I was in London during this night. For the last decade I have been right beside Rick and our family--children or parents. Today we are with family and friends that have become our family.


For years Nature has filled my life, never more so than in the last 5 years. In my childhood I was fascinated by animals, insects and even plants. I have looked raccoons, skunks and possums in the face. I have watched hawks and eagles fly overhead in Central Park. I always tell people to get back to nature. Very few say that to me. I am really asking for individuals to get in touch with Earth as when he/she was a child. As children most of us spent more time outside, playing in the dirt, setting up forts and building tree houses and running in the fields. Today, children seem to stay indoors - with their Ninendo, Xbox, computer, iPhone or iPAD. If you are an adult who does this,- DO NOT feel guilty. We have never been out of touch with the Earth. As you begin to start a relationship with nature intimate aspects of your self will be revealed to you. Nature... animals, plants and the elements of the Earth are not meant to be just studied scientifically or statistically.

When you are watching a Nature Show especially with animals, don't you watch in awe and wonderment? I have been doing that my entire life. The animal world has much to teach us. Do you remember Rex Harrison as Dr. Doolittle? Do you remember the song Talk to the Animals?


I talk to animals. Yes, it sounds absurd and a little like crazy talk. I hear and I listen to animals and nature itself. I believe and know that every animal is the gateway to a world unknown to many of us in disbelief. Within this world is the gateway to our human spirit. I know it is the gateway to MY own soul.

Think about this: watching a tiger on Animal Planet shows us true majesty, while some animals restore forgotten childlike wonder at the world, and when seeing nature and animals it reawakens our lost belief in dreams, magic and the ever wondering possibilities.

This is what I dreamed last night. I had to share it. This summer I had an opportunity to be among millions of honeybees on a farm. I walked over to the stables and stood, talked and softly touched a horse. I began to have flashbacks of childhood with horses. We lived across from a Racetrack and I had the opportunity to enter the stables, ride the horses and talk to jockeys. It was a magical time. I knew then as I know now my affinity to animals. Rick and I had at one time in one swelling - five dogs, 2 parrots, 14 lovebirds, and 4 large lizards.


Chief Dan George said..

If you talk to the animals

they will talk to you

If you DO NOT talk to them

you will not know them,

And what you do not know

you will fear


What one fears one destroys.


So when I take my last breath, I know I will saying - Is That All there Is?

As I traditionally break a plate tonight at midnight, I wish you all happiness, peace, serenity, and love.

- Red Star


Until tomorrow --oh no next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment