Friday, December 23, 2011

DECEMBER 24, 2011 ULMUS FULVA









"Enjoy the journey , you are here for a reason."





The journey has been rewarding. Sometimes not as happy as I would like, but it is not me controlling the situation. In the last seventeen years of sobriety at times I have felt like I was on a roller coaster. I have been challenged . Or is life but a ball of twisted yarn?

I know the reason I am here on Mother Earth. I am here as a messenger of the healing arts. I am healer, more than a doctor. I am Red Star Man. Thank you, Amanda. More to come on this topic. I believe in the old fashioned way of healing. Not only the blood work, the prescriptions, and modern scans, but the holding of a patent's hand. The intimate touch when a patient starts to cry. The discussion of their children and grandchildren and their life thirty or forty years ago. This is medicine.

So my journey has been very rewarding.


The inner bark of a small tree is a extremely useful remedy for most inflammation especially the digestive tract. It is usually sold as a powder. It is Ulmus fulva, known as Slippery Elm. I usually combine is with other digestive teas as chamomilla, meadowsweet, and catnip. I use it for indigestion, stomach ulcers, food allergies, bloating, and diarrhea. You can use slippery elm combined with a powdered probiotic in water. I would not suggest putting slippery elm and the probiotic in milk or juice.

It is a soothing herb with mucilagious properties. I would use 1 teaspoon in water three times a day for digestive issue. If in the city, go to Flower Power on East 9th street or order it online at http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment