Thursday, January 26, 2012

JANUARY 26, 2012 BREAST HEALTH


































"There is no short cut to longevity; to achieve it is the work of a lifetime."


- James Crichton Browne






We all have habits to unlearn, and many new lifestyle changes to make. We all do! For me it is a life long process of progress not perfection. I am learning the good and forgetting the bad. I know some people that are virtuous all at once. That is not me. I have learned it a day at a time. Sometimes it was even a minute at a time. I may not have always acknowledged my mistakes in the past but today I do. Eyes are in front for a reason, not to look at the past with depth, but to look at the future in front of me. Yet, there should be no expectations of the future.


I FEEL MORE WOMEN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES THAN MEN.


Cancer although not the #1 killer in the United States is still a health concern. I hear of more and more breast cancer cases every day. I know many women who have breast cancer that either live in Long Island (especially Suffolk County) or Staten Island. Could this due to the chemicals and the environment?


Since we haven't been careful with our waste products, Mother Earth has many chemicals that affect us. These are dioxins, pesticides, radiation, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and even chlorinated water. These chemicals have been created by us. There is an estimation that 80% of all cancers are environmentally linked. That is scary. What we do know for sure is that tobacco use, poor nutritional status and alcohol are linked to cancer.


The type of fat consumed by an individual can be a risk factor although this changes with whomever you read. Use fats that are certified organic. Use olive oil, flax seed oil, cod liver oil and even borage and primrose oil. These oils are nourishing and protective. A good amount of protein is essential but it does not necessarily need to be animal protein. Protein should be at every meal. You should know that sugar is what I call "white death." This does not even include the pink, blue and yellow packets. Use wild flower honey as a choice instead of refined sugar. Eat more leafy green vegetables. Eat more fruits and vegetables that are high in flavinoids and other antioxidants You can never go wrong with the wide variety of berries.





Many women use Red Root (Ceanothus spp) and Violet (Viola odorata) for breast health. These are specific for certain breast issues/diseases. I have seen many women use Violet for breast cancer. Both are used by slow or stagnant lymphatic tissues. I use Red Root for women with pelvic congestion.





Let's beat breast cancer today.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment