Tuesday, January 3, 2012

JANUARY 3, 2012 THE LINEN PLANT






"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." ----Dali Lama

It is profound. Inner peace is something I search for everyday. There are some days when I have inner peace and then there are other days when I do not. For me in this G.O.D. given profession it is difficult to hear problems, complaints , and social issues everyday and then to find my own inner peace. Meditation and prayer before coming to work (early in the morning is a practice I use) helps make it easier. Is inner peace the misgivings and sorrows of yesteryear? Is this inner peace total silence and ignorance of the world at large? For me inner peace is being comfortable with who and what I am! I know who I am and honestly I stop dealing on what people think of me. For me, this is a great improvement in who I am.

When I think of inner peace I think of a field of flowers. Not every flower. A field of wheat when thinking of the song America the Beautiful or for me a field of flax. Flax is a group of both annual and perennial plants from the Linaceae family. There are several species . The one that comes to mind is the one from which fiber is obtained: L. ustatissimum. Some species are grown for their seeds. This is the source of linseed oil. In Hippocrates time, flax seed tea was used to treat sore throats and lung issues.

Some of the other uses for flax are:

1. a laxative

2. an analgesic

3. an anti spasmodic

4. tonic for the kidneys

5. encourages healing

6. excellent for female issues

7. reduces inflammation for strains and sprains

Sprinkle some flax seeds on your morning gluten free cereal or on your evening salad. You will begin to enjoy the taste and the benefits.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment