Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FEBRUARY 1, 2012 HEART'S DELIGHT































"If you believe you cannot do something, you'll never do it. Believe you CAN, however, and you've all but done it. "




One of the greatest architects, Frank Lloyd Wright said, "The things always happen that you believe in. And belief is the thing that makes them happen. I think nothing will happen until you thoroughly and deeply believe in it." This is coming from the man who had the vision to build Fallingwater in Bear Run, PA.. the most architecturally amazing home.


I believe and know I can help make a difference in the life of an individual. It sometimes happens quickly and sometimes it is a little slower. I never give up. I strive to do this to the best of my ability. The secret is no secret at all. I believe in myself. There was a time - I didn't. Meditation and prayer have sure made a change in my life in regard to believing in myself.

For centuries , the herb Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) has been used medicinally. I have grown this herb every year in pots on the terrace. I received a plant of Lemon Balm from a patient, Diane P. about 3 years ago, and have grown it ever since. It grows wild in some areas. The plant is in Mint Family. Its leaves look like spearmint or peppermint. If you rub the leaves together you get the scent of lemon, which is so refreshing. The plant yields very little essential oil. So if you find it - it is expensive. Most of the commercial Melissa oil is mixed with other lemon oils.

Lemon Balm has been used for a variety of conditions. Lemon balm has traditionally been used orally to treat insomnia, anxiety, gastric conditions, hypertension and even hyperthyroidism (Grave's Disease) I have used both lemon balm and bugle weed for the hyperactive thyroid. I use tincture of lemon balm to treat mouth ulcers also known as canker sores. I remember my mother used to put gentian violet on my canker sores when I was a child. I didn't mind the taste, but I didn't like the tooth staining and gum staining. I do not think it is still used for canker sores, since there are other herbal alternatives. Studies have combined dandelion, St John's wort and Calendula for colitis with some success.




To calm the nerves I would suggest a soothing bath with the following:




1. 3 drops of melissa



2. 2 drops of chamomille



3. 2 drops of bergamot



Put all three in 1 teaspoon ( 5ml) of sweet almond oil. Add this to your bath and relax



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment