Sunday, January 1, 2012

JANUARY 1, 2012 NEW YEAR, NEW SOUL




















"The spiritual journey is a constant transformation."

"Let peace and love run your life. When you are comfortable with pain passing through you, you will be free. Try to pass beyond the layers of life's pains and you will be free from the binds of your mind." - Dr. Patrick Fratellone




In order for me to grow, I had to give up the struggle to remain the same. I didn't want want to remain the same. I have learned to embrace change all the time. What I didn't like is that in order to change I had to recognize my personal problems. Imagine a thorn in my side. This thorn can be pulled out or remain where it is. I had to work around the thorn. The thorn is one of my character defects or personality traits. We all have many thorns - good or bad. A better example of your thorn is your sense of self loneliness or isolation. How many of you have felt inner loneliness?


Inner loneliness prevents you from being loved. It is difficult to get close to other people in your life especially at work . Loneliness then projects rejection about everything in our lives. I spend time thinking about how to get rid of this loneliness or this character defect. Then I worry if I get rid of loneliness will I have to start a relationship or friendship with someone? That creates another problem: fear. One problem often will lead to another problem. Stop fixing yourself. Let it just happen. Things will work themselves out. Remember this since your consciousness is separate and aware of these character defects, you can free yourself. I did. I became free. Yes, Joyous, Free and Happy. It lasts as long as I want it to last, and remember it is not perfection. It is just progress that I made from one day to the next. As this new year begins this process of progress is a life long commitment.

A patient called and said she didn't feel good. I immediately said, "Try and get some Goldenseal." I know the patient very well for years and I intuitively felt that would be a good old Indian plant for her. Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) in older herbal texts used to be called Goldenthread. Truthfully I like that name better. So you do not think I just pick plants from my mind, (or maybe I do) goldenseal has an active antibiotic called Berberine.


I believe Goldenseal is on the Endangered Plant List from the United Plant Savers. There is very little Goldenseal in the wild.

Goldenseal can be used as a tonic for many organ systems.

1. Intestinal Mucosa and Digestion

2. Heart - improves circulation and pumping action of the heart

3. External remedy for herpes (especially if the herpes is in moist places, like the genital area)

4. External ulcerations

5. To stop bleeding in a clean wound

Most people know the combination Echinacea-Goldenseal. I do not have anything bad to say about this combination or tonic, but personally I have seen Goldenseal work better and more effectively when used alone for infections. Also realize as a MD RH, if the infection does get worse and spreads, I will easily reach for my prescription pad. I use the herbal Rx pad first in most situations. Remember: A bacterial infection with fever and inflammation may respond to Goldenseal.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment