Sunday, January 8, 2012

JANUARY 9, 2012 AMARANTH SODA BREAD




























"It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of LOVE that is put into them that matters." - Mother Teresa


Today, I make sure my actions are for the right reasons. Not to get people to like me, not for my own selfish reasons, but I do what I do for who I want to, when I want to do it, and for the right reasons. In my many hobbies, especially needle crafting and knitting, the magnitude of work that it takes means nothing to me. It is the amount of LOVE that I put into my hobbies. The LOVE is because I always try to give the finished crafts away.


Remember this: Your self image and your self love determines what is possible and impossible in your life.






So, you are avoiding grains these days, especially the gluten grains. The basic gluten grains are Barley, Rye, Oats and Wheat (B-R-O-W) There are many other gluten grains. I wanted to share a recipe with you that I think is easy. I say easy because I could do it and I AM NOT A COOK, nor a BAKER. I know I sometimes want to eat a piece of bread, but I can't because I avoid gluten. So here is a recipe for gluten free AMARANTH SODA BREAD.





Ingredients:




1. 3/4 cup warm water or coconut milk


2. 3/4 tsp of unbuffered Vitamin C crystals, also corn free


3. 2 3/4 cups of amaranth flour


4. 3/4 tsp arrowroot powder


5. 1/2 packet of ginger crystals (available at http://www.longevitynutritionals.com/ )


6. 1 tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds


7. 2 tablespoons of boiling water


8. 2 teaspoons baking soda


9. 2-3 tablespoons of oil (your choice - I like almond oil)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine water and Vitamin C /and ginger crystals. Stir and let dissolve. Add flour and fennel seeds and whisk together. Add oil to mixture. With remaining flour pour on wax paper. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water, add to the dough and stir. Now put the dough on the wax paper. Roll the dough with flour. Kneed for 2-4 minutes. Gather it in a ball and put on floured baking sheet. Make a 8 inch smooth ball. Put an 'x' on top of the dough ball you have just made. Put in oven reduce to 325 degrees


Bake for 55 minutes. You must make sure you know that uncooked dough is darker in color. Continue to bake until uniformly pale tan




Your bread is done


CONGRATULATIONS!







Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment