Friday, April 13, 2012

APRIL 13, 2012 HOBBY HAIR
























































We all change as we grow older. Some of us change physically either by exercising or change by changing body looks. One of the easiest things to change which some might consider a hobby is their hair. We change color, we change cut, we lengthen it, we shorten it, and we even shave it.








My hair look has certainty changed over the years. This was more evident as Rick, Gregory and Alyssa had a pictorial video tribute at my 50th Birthday. I actually had curly hair which I permed during my high school days. I even had bleached blonde hair in the 1990's. I can recall blue hair in college. I have had crew cuts, shaved, and now longer hair than I ever had. I can tell you I never had hair down to my shoudlers.











As I started to lose my hair I become obsessed with using herbs to grow my hair. I did not want a hair transplant, hair plugs etc. The reason I shaved my head at one point was to see if I ever lost all my hair how would I look. I liked it and did it for two summers. Now I want long hair in the front and short on the sides. I have found 'my mixture' to get my hair longer and continually growing.



I began to lose my hair when I was a vegan I wasn't eating enough protein and my hair started to thin. So protein is very important in maintaining hair. There are some basic supplements that are essential for hair growth. These are Vitamin A, Vitamin C Vitamin E, Biotin, Zinc, and Selenium. I like hair formulas also to contain L-cysteine and methionine. In addition I utilize a MSM shampoo( Methylsulfonylmethane) Since studying in Ithaca NY with 7Song I began a search in old herbal books by Culpepper, Sauer and others for hair growing herbs. I have had much success with Horsetail (Equisertum ssp), Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens), Fennel (Peucedanum officinale) and Milk Thistle (Silybum maranum) . I am not a Tradional Chinese Herbalist, but learniong on my own from reading and seminars. If I had more time I would enter a 4 year program, but....



There are 3 chinese herbs I see in the literature that stimulate hair growth. These are Fo-ti (Polygonum multiforum) Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea corylifolia) and Han Lian Cao (Eclipta prostrata)




The reasons for hair loss are very misunderstood. Is it autoimmune, congenital alopecia, a thyroid issue or build up of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone)? This hormone, DHT is responsible in both men and women. Excess of DHT in the hair follicle causes it to begin shrinking, which changes the natural resting and growth phases of the hair. This hormone builds up around the follicle like wax.

Follicles do not last-- they eventually die. The others have build up wax so no more follicles and the hair begins to thin and then you have hair loss. To increase scalp circulation you can massage your scalp, but take a look at this.






http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/ - Use the apple cedar vinegar nutritive rinse.






Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment