Thursday, April 19, 2012

APRIL 19, 2012 FLUORIDE AND CALCIFICATION OF THE HEART

























" It's always nice to have someone in your life that makes you smile even when they're not around. " - unknown

"Forgive me if I smile, it's just to hide my fears. Forgive me if I laugh, it's just to hide the tears." - unknown








Judy Garland sang, "When your smiling, when your smiling, the whole world smiles with you..."






That would be wonderful if the whole world was smiling. Unfortunately it is not true all the time. I try to smile as much as I can. I have lots to smile about. I always smile when I think about Rick, even when he is not around. I smile when I think about the children. I smile when I think about old memories. I sometimes tear up in those smiling situations. Today I smile when I see squirrels playing in the park, when new blooms appear on my plants, when Gracie, our Amazon Green Parrot answers my questions, and I even smile when it rains. Smiling is healthy.





I smiled a lot at my recent wedding. I had a beaming smile.





Did you smile today ?





Facts about Fluoride:
1. Fluoride in water helps to prevent and can even reverse tooth decay.
2. More than 60 percent of the U.S. population has access to fluoridated water through public water supply systems.
3. The optimal level of fluoride to prevent tooth decay is 0.7 milligrams per liter of water.
4. Many studies, in both humans and animals, have shown no association between fluoridated water and cancer risk.




The water fluoridation controversy arises from moral, ethical, and safety concerns regarding the fluoridation of public water supplies. The controversy occurs mainly in English-speaking countries. Continental Europe does not practice water fluoridation. Those opposed argue that water fluoridation imposes ethical issues, may cause serious health problems, is not effective enough to justify the costs, and has a dosage that cannot be precisely controlled.


The bulk of the scientific evidence has found that at the dosage recommended for water fluoridation, the only clear adverse effect is dental fluorosis, which can alter the appearance of children's teeth during tooth development. Despite opponents' concerns, water fluoridation has been effective at reducing cavities in both children and adults.



Opposition to fluoridation has existed since its initiation in the 1940s. This opposition persisted in to the 1950's and 1960's. Today you do not hear as much about fluoride.





In 1991 some public concern about the fluoride and cancer risk surfaced through the Public Health Service (PHS). The CDC supported these findings and there is a clear risk of fluoridated water and cancer. The CDC published their findings on August 10, 2011.





New reports today in the journal Nuclear Medicine Communications found a link between sodium fluoride consumption and cardiovascular disease. The CV disease was measured by the amount of calcium build-up in arteries. There was a significant correlation between fluoride consumption and what used to be called 'hardening of the arteries'.





Currently there are no studies on Fluoride and cognitive function, diabetes or male fertility problems.





There is a decline in the amount of fluoride being used today in drinking water. It is far less than 70%. Some states have ended their practice of adding fluoride to the water. Besides helping halt the various health hazards of fluoride, it is also saving money in these states.


Do you drink fluoridated water today?





Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment