Tuesday, April 3, 2012

APRIL 5, 2012 SUBLINGUAL IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR ALLERGIES






















"Today WE can to learn to flow with the current."






Flowing with the current is a novel idea. Why let the waters be rough. Flow with the flow. If the current is slow, be slow. If the current is fast, act as if it was slow and be slow. Life is too fast. I feel life in a major city like New York is in constant motion. This is the city that never sleeps, and it surely does not--but I do . I used to be able to stay up late, but no longer. I want to go to sleep, go into my REM state of sleep and heal my body







Since the environment is ever changing you can assume that some of your environmental allergies will start a lot earlier this year. Where would Duane Reade, Walgreen's, and Rite Aide be without an over the counter anti histamine and allergy section?



I am not an allergist nor an immunologist. I am physician who listens to the patient. I knew that some of my usual allergy sufferers would need my assistance sooner this season. I do not recommend shots or skin testing. I utilize blood IgE testing for the environment and IgG RAST testing for foods. This is the blood tests we use after a very through history and physical. I then use an allergy desensitization technique . I utilize sub lingual immunotherapy drops. These are antibodies for each of the antigens the patient is allergic to. It is effective and easy.



I have been doing sub lingual immunotherapy for many years. I have desensitized myself against certain trees and weeds, without ever having a skin test or allergy shots. It is effective, better compliance and no doctor visits. I usually initially prescribe 3 to 6 months.



Some offices call this LDA (low dose allergen immunotherapy). This is different from sub lingual therapy that I recommend as this is NOT based on antigen desensitization. Sub lingual therapy uses higher and higher doses of antigen to induce Ig G blocking antibody. For example, you are allergic to trees. The blood test is III out of V. I make the concentration of the drops with a higher concentration. These drops are made by Allergy Choices. (http://www.allergychoices.com/ )








Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment