Friday, August 17, 2012

AUGUST 17, 2012 BLOGGING: A HOBBY?







" Happiness is the inner joy that can be sought or caught, but never taught or bought."

" Happiness is the delicate balance  of what one is and what one has." - FH Denison

" The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

What is your definition of happiness ? Happiness is smelling the first morning dew of the first spring rain. Happiness for me is doing a hobby. I have many hobbies which many I have written about. One of my hobbies is writing this blog. It is now part of my life. I try to write every day. This is happiness to me.  Hobbies can be addictive if not properly timed or scheduled. I had difficulty with needle point, as I love it so much that this art has been an addiction., When Rick realized it, I quickly found different hobbies. As I discuss rotating your foods in your diet --you should rotate your hobbies. I am sure some consider reading, or learning a language as a hobby. I feel a hobby should be creative. It should be a hobby that uses your hands. If you cannot think of one- start by visiting a museum per week, or re learning to play a musical instrument. I feel it should be the reawakening of the boy/girl within yourself.

I hope this blog has been inspirational to some. I hope you have developed a hobby or interest as part of your daily life which can boost your self esteem. I love all the above quotes. To lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself is a way to boost your esteem and can lead to happiness. It can also be the beginning of saving Earth Mother. One of my greatest hobbies has been Bee Keeping. It has now become a passion.

If I would blog about The Savage Garden , what would you think it would be about.? It could be about the Fire Island gay community- Cherry Grove and The Pines, or the wild plants on our terrace , or about carnivorous plants as Pitcher Plants and Venus Fly Traps. This is why I love writing.

Some of the Hobbies I have written about and done include:

1. Needlepoint work- cross stitch/bargello
2. Knitting
3. Card Making
4. Origami
5. Ceramics
6. Bee Keeping
7. Antique Hunting
8. Graveyard findings in your neighborhoods
9. Stained glass art
10. Legos
11. Jigsaw Puzzles
12. Making Plant Medicine
13. Candle Making
14. Plants

and many more...
Tell me your hobby
Photo credit: Rick Byrd : Patrick's hobbies

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment