Friday, August 3, 2012

AUGUST 3, 2012 LUCKY BOY



" Whenever the art of medicine is loved, there also is love for humanity. " - Hippocrates


I love the art of medicine. I love being a healer. I do not like the bureacratic red tape, the electronic charts, and insurance/govermental issues, but I do what I have to do to care for patients. I am delighted that I bring in other disciplines of medicine to heal patients especially botanical medicine. I love medicine so much that I have to extend my love to humanity especially the plants ,honeybees, and the animals. I just love nature.


A black jaguar was rescued and is now in the Belize Zoo. His name is Lucky Dog aka Bosch.
Day 13 in Lucky Boy the Black Jaguar's new life: He is recovering slowly, and feeding and interacting as energetically as ever. And even more great news! Veterinarian Steven Servantez has launched a fund raising campaign on Indiegogo, an online campaign foundation helping to promote and raise funds for worthy causes! So far, Lucky Boy's Indiegogo campaign has raised $900 US, with a target of $15,000 for the much needed expansion and enrichment of his current enclosure at the Zoo. Visit the campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/187353 to support the cause. Help us give us give this gorgeous boy the home and care he deserves!

Steven Servantz, is a veterinarian  ( DVM) who is helping the Belize Zoo. He was recently in Belize; during his  stay he learned about a fantastic facility that is run by a passionate director named Sharon Matola. I personally know about this facility as our son, Gregory finished a 4 week internship at the zoo. Each day we read his blog, www.greginbelize.tumblr.com When I mentioned Lucky Dog to Gregory he didn't know how I knew. I am keeping abreast about the Belize Zoo as I want to help out. We donated and we want you to have a passion about animals.  In a previous blog I discussed how YOU as an individual can help a cause like the Belize Zoo. This zoo is NOT funded by the government, but is solely funded by donations. The zoo houses jaguars, macaws, tapirs and many other species of Belize. The zoo is always in need of funds, but my request is specific for a recent rescue. Last night we face timed with Gregory which made Rick and I so happy. He is so happy and full of life. We talked about Lucky Boy. He is sending us more pictures of Lucky Boy and Sharon . Also he has photos with spider monkeys which I will post.

The Belize Zoo recently rescued a jaguar ( Lucky Boy )  from a horrific situation and needs help in the rehabilitation. The Belize Zoo is NOT supported by the government; donations sustain this zoo. The story can be read here: http://ambergristoday.com/content/stories/2012/...


I am looking for YOUR money to feed, provide veterinary care, and provide housing for this unfortunate individual.  This can be your cause. I know Rick and I will be raising funds for this cause.Dr. Steven Servantz is currently collecting material goods for this animal, but need money to complete the process. The money will also be used to construct a permanent home for this beautiful  black jaguar, named Lucky One
This  jaguar has been taken into the zoo and the rehabilitation has begun, but the process will be ongoing. This individual jaguar will never be able to be released into the wild; permanent housing will need to be constructed.

Why rescue this jaguar? The jaguar is endangered. This individual will be used to promote the need of conservation in Belize. Education is paramount to the preservation of jaguars and all wildlife.

It can be as low as $1 and as high as $25. You could be more generous if you have the means. No donation is too small.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment