Saturday, August 25, 2012

AUGUST 25, 2012 IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR - 1956







June 10 – 1956 Summer Olympics: Equestrian events open in Stockholm, Sweden (all other events are held in November in Melbourne, Australia).

June 28 -The film version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's The King and I, starring Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner, is released only a few months after the film version of R&H's Carousel


August 25, 1956 - Frederick Ellis Byrd was born to Frederick Byrd Sr and Nancy Walker Byrd in Suffolk VA

September 9 – Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.


October 8 – Baseball pitcher Don Larsen of the New York Yankees throws the only perfect game in World Series history in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series against the Brooklyn Dodgers

November 3 – MGM's film The Wizard of Oz makes its TV debut on the CBS network. This marks the first time a major Hollywood film running more than ninety minutes is televised uncut in one evening.


1956. What a year ! It is followed by Disneyland opening in Anaheim, California in 1955. June 1956 was exciting , but the real news story was today - August 25, 1956. He was a born natural teacher from an early age.  From a great Suffolk Education to a Christian College to a PhD in Chapel Hill, North Carolina to the Big Apple. His dream of working in a corner office of a large well-known corpotationon , McGraw Hill a high floor in New York City comes true.

These words were sung by famous singer, Cory Daye in 2006 and always are reiterated in my mind,
For once in my life I have someone who needs me
Someone I've needed so long

For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
Somehow I know I'll be strong

For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of

Long before I knew

Oooh Someone warm like you

Would make my dream come true .....

Happiness-Yes. Perfection - No, over rated;  In love - Yes.. A life beyond my wildest dreams- An outstanding Yes.
To this day, " I love Lucy' is part of our life. The beginning of Rick's 56th year will be celebrated in Lucy's hometown of Jamestown, NY. We are having a ROAD TRIP--- I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day and an evening with the man I love.
Happy Birthday, Husband

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment