Wednesday, August 8, 2012

AUGUST 8, 2012 SELF LOVE AND INSECURITY





"Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home." —Sri Sri Ravi Shankar



It is difficult to find in others, when you cannot find love within yourself ! The question is Do you have self- like or self -love ? At one time in your life you might have had self-hate. Today, you hopefully are beyond those years and you at least like yourself. This is important. I educate individuals to have self-love. You can get this by doing a hobby to boost self esteem, and more importantly learning to say " NO" Remember if you are a giver, which is fine, you must remember to give to yourself. If you do not give to yourself, you are doing a injustice to yourself. I am a giver. I am a healer. I have learned in these years of  my life process, to give to myself. For me this is not buying materialistic items, but engaging in self hobbies. My self hobbies are vast and are always changing. I also try to find something new to do. For example, I have scheduled a jewelry making class for Rick and I at the end of this month. It also might be a day trip to someone we have never been. Find the boy or girl within yourself. This is where the true home lies.

 Are you insecure ? Insecurity is a feeling that affects everybody at one time in their life. It can be triggered by physical, emotional, social and financial factors. Today, I have seen many financial factors cause insecurity. Who at this day and time has no fear of financial insecurity ? Alright, maybe Donald Trump has no fear of financial insecurity, but we all do in these 'difficult times'

You must remember whatever the cause of the insecurity it will trickle down to the person's own incompetence and self worth issues. It might throw the whole person's life into question. Have you ever felt this way ? I know, as confident as I am today I can remember the days, many years ago when I did not have any self esteem despite my education. This form of insecurity may lead to anxiety. If left untreated this can lead to chronic insecurity which can manifest as depression, shyness, inability to form a stable long lasting relationship and a lack of confidence. This can happen to most intelligent of men and women. This type of insecurity has less to do with external events. It can be that the individual has unrealistic expectations of oneself.
 This is my advice, " Without expectations, organize your life around your dreams--and watch them come true."

There is no magic medicine for this insecurity. I know there is therapy which I feel is very important. There are uplifting botanical. That is what I call them- Uplifting Botanical. These are Rosemary, Lavender, Damiana and Ginseng. These can be drunk as a tea two to three times a day.

If you feel uneasy about drinking a herbal tea , then try homeopathic remedies as Pulsatilla, Aconite or Ignatia.

For those that love Bach Flowers and have used Rescue Remedy, I would suggest two to three other flower essences:  These include Elm, Crab apple or mimulus. I prefer Crab apple because of the name not because one is better than the other. Crab apple is for those with poor self image.

Lets not forget that a vaporizer with either jasmine, majoram or thyme as aromatherapy.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment