Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lifestyle Changes



















My first day of blogging March 11, 2010



"There's nothing in our life that cannot be overcome with time, love, friendship and attention to the matter."



My inspiration for blogging has been my heart, soul and life partner, Rick. As an educator of sorts, I wanted to discuss my belief in lifestyle changes each day, which has led to a hobby--stitching. It is my belief that stitching can increase your self-esteem and I will discuss this idea in future blog entries.


It is my belief that needlepoint or other varieties of stitching should be utilitarian as well as decorative. Stitching projects can become personal items such as framed objects of art or pillows, or even eyeglass cases. Some people think that hanging it under glass is insulting after you have gone through all the work to show off your threads--whether they are silk, cotton or wool. I have done both. I have two very special old canvases - one from my mother and one from "Gaga".

The subject of the French wool needlepoint here is Spencer - our 3 year old King Charles Cavalier.

In the days to come we will discuss lifestyle changes. We will find out through the next few months how you can "Stitch Your Way to a Healthy Heart".

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely intro to your work!!!
    Unbelievable how the photo of that needlepoint piece is able to show-off the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I have had a fun time writing my own. Love the entry, you are an inspiration. Don't forget that you must do a needlepoint of your olympic rings and/or 7 step pyramid!

    ReplyDelete