Sunday, March 21, 2010

4-7-8 -MORE THAN JUST NUMBERS
























March 21, 2010 Sunday



"Let go of old beliefs and feelings that may be hurting you. Gently put them on the shelf and replace them with happier moments and thoughts."



Today I want to give you permission to do something different. It was a beautiful day full of sunshine. So you hopefully got your Vitamin D. I was going to discuss fruits but somehow this canvas design has changed my mind--Comedy and Tragedy.


I have a history of jumping right in without thinking of the consequences. During this week, one of those moments occurred. I heard something upsetting and made a decision I thought was right. It turned out that I should have left well enough alone. Today is a day of releasing, not because it is a Sunday but because it is a day that I needed to do this. It could have been any day.

I decided to do some breath work. If you want to try it:
Remember the numbers 4-7-8
Inhale fully as you count silently to 4
Hold the breath for a count of 7
Then exhale the breath as you count to 8.
Count slowly, and keep your counts at the same cadence.


I continually do this until I feel relaxed. If you have never tried something like this, then DO IT NOW but only do eight rounds of it and then stop. Next time, you can try more. This practice helps me to truly concentrate and release the negative, limiting or self-defeating beliefs that have been buried in my consciousness. Yes, I even have these moments--whoever states they do not have these kinds of moments is likely not being honest with themselves and others.

Way down deep, we all have some negative feelings, some old resentments and definitely fears. I have learned to accept my fears. First, I had to be aware of them, then acknowledge them and then the hardest of all is to accept them.


So there is a sigh of relief...



The needle-point canvas above was provided to me by Rick. Also I must give Rick all the photography credit as well as putting them on a removable disk for me. I am not good at the computer stuff. I added the buttons and the many curtain colors. Most of the canvas is done with the classic, diagonal or canvas stitch. It produces an effect of brocaded or woven material. It is worked in diagonal rows from top left to the bottom right corner and consists of satin stitches worked diagonally.



Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment