Friday, March 12, 2010

Sharing Love and Life With Others
















"Sharing love and life with others is one of the greatest gifts of all. Take the time to appreciate it and enjoy it."


I think most of us are hesitant about lifestyle changes whether the change is geographic (location), ending or starting a relationship, sending your child to a new school or off to college, or a change in dietary lifestyle. I am certainly like this...any change creates some fear. I know I have been through all of the above. On a daily basis I educate, suggest, advise and treat many people I meet.


Lifestyle changes include dietary, exercise and even addressing addictions. Think about some of the lifestyle changes you would like to make. I know I have. Tale a piece of paper and draw the five Olympic Rings (it is easy since the Winter Games just ended). Put whatever you want in those circles. The first change we will spend time on is a dietary lifestyle change. Over the next several weeks I will ask you to think about what you eat and educate you about the way different foods affect your health. There is a lot to think about, it will take time and we will address only one topic each day. Some of you are more educated than others, but it is often helpful to read about something you already know about from a different perspective.


The canvas pictured above is the famous Hotel del Coronardo in San Diego, CA. Rich in color and heritage, it is a National Historic Landmark. With its ironic red turrets and pearcing horizontal lines, it is truly a site to see. Rick and I celebrated Mother's Day and Fred's 75th Birthday in the hotel. It is more than 120 years old and full of stories to match its history. Eleven US Presidents have visited "The Del". Edward Prince of Wales visited in 1920. Remember he became King Of England in 1936 and abdicate the throne for his love, Ms. Wallis Simpson. Some Like it Hot was filmed there. Can you just see Marilyn on the beach? I would have loved to been there when Charlie Chaplin visited. There is even a ghost who resides there.


Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment