Sunday, January 16, 2011

JANUARY 16, 2011 A HAPPY LIFE AND GUT







" We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learned to bear its ills without being overcome by them " - Juvenal

" A vigorous five milk walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White


How much help have you received in your life ? Not in the way of financial help, but genuine help in the way of advice and your life filling with purpose and new meaning. This should render you grateful. Gratitude not Attitude. Gratitude should always go forwards, not backwards as stated in a 12 step program. There are many little quick rhymes that are like this. At first, I thought how ridiculous, but today I use them rather frequently. If unhappiness lies in you being a loner, or you chose to be a loner as you have or had dysfunction in your family--you are not alone. What family does not have dysfunction ? Certainly not mine and certainly not yours. I heard many dysfunctional family stories in my step program. I certainly for the first time didn't feel alone. I felt part of...in partnership or friendship with other men and women I finally devoted myself to a number of ideas, people and groups. I started to become 'whole'. Years ago when I started a 12 step program, I felt as if I was on a Pink Cloud or on a Honeymoon. It didn't last long, because I then had to deal with 'life on life's terms' taking all the lumps and bumps that life had to offer. As Juvenal stated ..." have learned to bear its ills without being overcome by them." Self searching had to be a regular part of life. I had to be able to admit and accept what I found. I had to persistently look at the damage and try to correct what was wrong. I did just that. It wasn't pleasant, nor did I expect it would be. I did a lot of five mile walks. Today I still do daily inventory as I did years ago. I do not take five mile walks, but I accept the challenge of a 8 x 12 mesh canvas. Life is not easy, but no one said it would be. I am sure my Higher Power would want me to be happy, joyous and free. Are you happy,joyous and free?

Are you unhappy with your appearance. Have you ever though that your food allergies or intolerance are making you Fat ? Do you feel bloated, crampy and have lots of gas after eating a bowl of pasta ? Have you ever thought that you could have a food intolerance to dairy and wheat ?
If any of these questions entered your thoughts, then you need to have a food allergy test. Not the usual skin testing for allergies, but a blood test to see the delayed reaction of those food sensitivities. This is called an IgG RAST test. It can be done by companies as Neuroscience, Metametrix and ALCAT.
These food sensitivities could be the cause of your anxiety, depression, insomnia, lack of concentration, and fatigue. Do you have any of those symptoms ? If you do, seek a health care professional who understands food sensitivities. Try for just one week, eliminating all cow's dairy and breads from your diet. See how you feel. I know you will feel better. I do not think all of your symptoms will disappear, but will lessen. I will guarantee one blood test that will reveal a low level. This is your Vitamin D 3 level. Do you know your Vitamin D 3 level?

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. These last few posts gave had special meaning for me. Without your knowledge and caring I don't think I would have known what was wrong with me. Who would have ever thought about food sensitivities and allergies? Thank God for you Patrick.

    ReplyDelete