Friday, May 20, 2011

MAY 22 - 23, 2011 NATURAL PRESCRIPTION FOR DIABETES








"IT ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE --- YOU!"



If something is wrong in life, look within rather than to others to blame. I never thought the problem with me --could be me. I had to change. I am constantly changing. In the last seventeen years I have evolved. I have changed but not like the metamorphosis of a tadpole into a frog. It has been a gradual change. The only person who can change your own life is YOU. Do you want to change any aspect of your life? Is there something about your own character that you do not like? Those around you will change without even knowing. They can change because there is a change in you. Possibly there is a better attitude or 'energy' you are exuding into the world that he or she detects. In many ways, I never thought I had changed in these years. I am in awe beyond my wildest dreams when I realize that I have changed.



The second epidemic the United States is facing after obesity is Diabetes. Both of these epidemics lead to Cardiovascular Disease. There are millions of Americans who have pre-diabetes. This is also known as Insulin resistance, Syndrome X or Metabolic Syndrome.


Most of these individuals have to take oral glycemic medications and/or insulin.


We can prevent and even reverse Type II Diabetes ( also known as Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X and Metabolic Syndrome)

It involves possibly the use of metformin (glucophage ) and a low carbohydrate lifestyle. Sometimes it doesn't have to involve metformin ( glucophage) but does have to involve a low carbohydrate lifestyle. Instead of metformin an individual can use vitamins , supplements and herbs to balance their blood sugar


Let me give you the Natural Prescription for Diabetes


1. A low carbohydrate lifestyle - avoid processed sugars, including those in cookies, candies, bread, chocolate and desserts. Also avoid dried fruits.


2. Eat three regular meals with snacks in between. These snacks can be nuts or nut butters. You can combine the nuts or nut butters with an apple which is high in pectin.


3. Drink plenty of water depending on your body weight. I am 152 lbs so I would drink more than half my weight in fluid ounces = 75 fluid oz.


4. Adopt a regular exercise program.


5. Make a serious effort to control stress.


6. Avoid fatigue (get plenty of sleep), emotional upsets, and use of alcohol and tobacco.


Until tomorrow...


Photographs: Almost finished needlepoint designs for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment