Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MAY 30,2011 IT IS NOT WINNIE THE POOH






Funny how a lonely day can make a person say, "What good is my life?" Funny how a breaking heart can make me start to say, "What good is my life?" Funny how I often seem to think I'll find another dream in my life till I look around and see, this great big world is part of me...

And my life... This is my life Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me.

But that's the way that I was born to be


This is me. This is me. This is my life And I don't give a damn for lost emotions. I've such a lot of love I've got to give. Let me live. Let me live. Sometimes when I feel afraid, I think of what a mess
I've made Of my life Crying over my mistakes, forgetting all the breaks I've had In my life.


I was put on earth to be, a part of this great world is me

And my life Guess I'll just add up the score, and count the things I'm grateful for...

In my life This Is my life Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me But that's the way that I was born to be This is me This is me This is my life And I don't give a damn for lost emotions I've such a lot of love I've got to give Let me live Let me live This is my life This is my life This is my life

The lyrics are so true. La Vita. La Vita. It is your life. You have a choice in your life. Who really knows if the choices you make are 'right' or 'wrong'? No one should judge your life. It is your life. Only you can judge what is right or wrong for you. You may not know what is right or wrong. I do know that prayer and meditation are the beginning of a wonderful spiritual experience. Are you ready to start living?



Did you ever wonder if bears eat honey? Sure, you saw Winnie the Pooh going after the honey, but was it the honey he was after? I would not want the brown bear in the photograph above strolling around in Fire Island. It would be a nuisance to the community as well as to the honeybees. Actually, while bears do eat honey, they are really after the larvae (baby bees) because of their rich source of protein. We know this because when a bear damages apiaries (bee houses) they always eat that part but don't always eat all of the honey. Most definitely yes! Bears will rip a tree trunk apart to get to a concentrated source of food. Bears will tear down a hive piece by piece to get to the larvae. They have a sweet tooth as much as any person! Honey is actually a natural part of their diet.

Bears eat fish, plants, and berries. The will also eat small animals such as a squirrels and even other insect larva besides the bees. If you don't bother them they will leave you alone. But if you disturb them, then they could attack you. This bear seems to belong in that yard. Is he intruding? To the home owner, of course he/she is! But who was there first?

Bears hibernate, which means they sleep during the winter and eat lots of food in the summer and fall to store up for while they sleep--usually in cozy caves. You will find bears mostly in the forests, especially in the mountains.



Until tomorrow...



Photo credit : Paul Fratellone

No comments:

Post a Comment