Friday, February 10, 2012

FEBRUARY 11, 2012 I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY





















"The highest spiritual path is life itself." PMF

Today I know how to live a daily life. It is a fresh liberating experience. We all have many choices. I have only one choice in life to make: To be happy or not to be happy. That is my choice each day, each hour. It is not a choice about my career, or who I may marry. It is not even about if I want to seek the g.o.d. of my understanding. I have made a choice to be happy and now life has become clear. I am happy within.

But today I will make a choice that is very easy for me. I want to get married to Frederick E Byrd, Jr (known as Rick). It is simple really. Now that I can get legally married - why not? I have decided that I am going to be happy, and from today on I will be a happy married man, not a single man. It will be for the rest of my life. I am now enlightened. This is unconditional happiness combined with unconditional love.


Same sex marriage became legal in New York on July 24, 2011 under the Marriage Equality Act. It does not have a residency restriction, as some other states, but does allow religious organizations to decline to officiate same sex wedding ceremonies. So we are not getting married in a church or place of worship. Does it really matter? NO. The bill passed the senate vote by 33-29. There are five other states that currently permit same-sex marriage: Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont as well as the District of Columbia. Now New York is #6, and it looks like California will be #7.

In 1964 My Fair Lady graced the screen with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. With music by Frederick Loewe and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner, included the song "Get Me to The Church on Time."

Here is my version




Patrick and Rick

There's just a few more hours left
That's all the time we got
A few more hours
Before we tie the knot (8pm exactly)

We're getting married in the evening
Ding Dong, The bells are gonna chime
Pull out the stopper
Let's have a whopper
But get us to the hall on time

I got ta be there in the evening
Spruced up and lookin' in my prime
Friends and family, come and kiss us
Show how you'll love me
But get us to the hall on time.



Until tomorrow...



Photograph: Christmas 2011. The couple on the left (Rick and Patrick) will be married today, while the couple on the right (Donald and Evan) were married late in 2011.. Note the happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment