Monday, February 20, 2012

FEBRUARY 20, 2012 TAKE DOWN THE WALLS












"Knowing we have relationships/marriages we truly care about and we are accepted as we are is a remarkable reward."






At some point in my growth it began to get quieter inside. I began to take a deeper seat within myself and it just happened. What I am describing is taking down the walls. These are the defense mechanisms we use to hide the emotions within ourselves. These defense mechanisms are within all of us. I was aware of them, yet I was completely overwhelmed by the constant barrage of people, places, things, the committee and life happenings. First thing is I got sober. That alone is not the answer. The answer is working a program. I know many individuals who also have gotten sober, but have not worked the twelve steps. I do not dwell on this as it is none of my business. I only pray for them.


I began to sit in the witness box of my consciousness. As I sat there I began to realize that I am completely independent of what I was witnessing. There was a way through: To work on myself in every aspect I have ever known. You can call this enlightenment or divine intervention. I call it a progress within a life process that is continually changing. I gradually became accustomed to living safely within the confines of my body and state of mind. Slowly, I began to see myself with someone who loves me as much as I love him. "I 've Grown Accustomed to His Face." I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. I want equality for all. Marriage doesn't change the love but a different level of consciousness is now achieved. I am happily married.





When there are cracks, we work to patch them up. Communication is the key. We have always decorated our walls and our home with the memories of our past experiences, when single and when together, and always with our dreams for the future. In other words we are decorating our home with thoughts.





Light in our home is the utmost importance. Do you have light in your home?


We love candles, but today that is not the only light. Our light shines from within each of us. We are not living in darkness, fear and doubt. Darkness only takes a toll on our health, both physically and mentally. The very thought of morning sunshine through all the windows is so overwhelming. Rick and I have used the sunshine in our hobbies - he is a flower designer (one of many talents), me growing herbs and together we are beekeepers. So fresh flowers (by my personal floral designer) and plants are very important.





Find the light within yourself!



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment