Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FEBRUARY 22, 2012 FRIENDHSHIP









































"Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest... it's about who came and never left your side."



I feel this is your best friend. The person who has been there through all the good and bad times. The person who listens to your deepest emotions and your greatest triumphs. A best friend is the person you are closest to emotionally without romantic attachments. I definitely consider my husband my best friend but we have romantic attachments so my best friend is someone I have known for 17 years. We could spend the whole day together-- which hasn't happened in a long time due to our schedules. In the past we could get on the phone and talk about the day we had. I can laugh, cry, or yell with or at.


Not everyone has a best friend, nor should they. Best friend relationships cannot be forced, but need to come naturally as the result of two people who really bond. My best friend, Patrick and I became instantly bound to each other as we had a lot in common. Best friend relationships can last for a long time, or they can end. I know mine will not end as it has endured. He was the babysitter for my children for two summers. He taught them to dance, swim and even act.





Another best friend and referred to as man's best friend is your pet. Today is a special day as our King Charles named Spencer is celebrating his 5th birthday. He is a special dog. We are happy he is part of our family. We are also happy our family includes our 16 year old Maltese, Grant and 9 year old Amazon Green Parrot.




Another best friend could be one of your favorites herbs. One of my best friend herbs is Yarrow (Achillea millefolium). This is a common wild plant that you probably have seen growing in your lawn. You cut it because you thought is was a weed. Yarrow has many uses. I definitely would include Yarrow in your herbal first aid kit. It is great for early stages of fever, dust allergies, rhinitis, hay fever and sinusitis. I use yarrow before I use an antibiotic for sinusitis. It also is used for spontaneous bruising after a full hematological (blood) work up. It has been shown to prevent clots (thrombosis). Yarrow, Hawthorne and Linden combined are good for high blood pressure. Just a tip: I would rather use hibiscus and artichoke for high blood pressure.




Used in a warm bath, it can relieve aches and pains. I often add it with marshmellow, meadow sweet and catnip for digestive issues.




Get a tincture and leave in the medicine cabinet.




Until tomorrow...




Happy Birthday Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment