Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FEBRUARY 15, 2012 PLENTY - A GOOD READ















"The WORLD is the place of soul making."


---John Keats














I have learned respect through my life. I respect my elders. I respect the children. I respect all. I respect the G.O.D. of my understanding out of all forms of existence. I know that the G.O.D. of my understanding has created both animate and inanimate objects as stated by George Washington Carver. During my prayer and meditation I can communicate with the G.O.D. of my understanding. I also can converse with the trees, plants, insects and the animals. I can! I truly can because I respect nature. Burbank stated that nature is the manuscript of G.O.D. (good orderly direction)








I respect adventurists. Rick and I would love to go on an adventure. When Alisa Smith and JB MacKinnon were stranded in the Canadian wilderness, they used what they had to survive and make a feast. They truly lived on the land around them. Although their book, PLENTY was published in 2007, I decided to reread it over the last three weeks. You may ask why I would reread a book? I reread the book as I couldn't appreciate the adventure in the wilderness the first time I read it. I hadn't finished my botanical medicine training. It reminded me of Michael Pollan's book, Omnivore's Dilemma.





What amazed me is that they did very well living on the resources around them. These two stepped outside the box of the dreary supermarket, the processed foods, and the industry of food. Their 100 mile diet turned out to be fun.




We all want fun out of life. Maybe your fun is nothing like what you will read, but I bet you would change your mind if you actually did something like they did. PLENTY is about eating locally and thinking globally.







The line under the title, PLENTY states:



ONE MAN, ONE WOMAN AND A RAUCOUS YEAR OF EATING LOCALLY.









What more could you ask for



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment