Wednesday, February 8, 2012

FEBRUARY 9, 2012 HERBS FOR THE SKIN



























"Lift up thine eyes and look from the place where you are." Genesis 13:14, 15


People ask what is my belief and how does G.O.D fit into my beliefs. This is a personal question, but I will tell you this. Prayer and meditation are wonderful and have enlightened my life a hundred times. I do not pray for material things. I pray for peace, serenity, health and happiness. I am not a victim. I am a survivor. I try to the best of my ability to keep myself in good company. I do not want to be surrounded by negative energy. I want to remain positive every day to the best of my ability. I am rich in spirits. I do not care about the words rich or poor. I am rich in life. Are you rich in life?



I recently saw a patient with eczema. I started by asking the patient about her dietary lifestyle. In most individuals a skin problem like eczema is allergy related. Most of the time it is an environmental allergen like detergent, certain clothes, and body sprays. I jump right in and start to ask about their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus as well as their snacks.


Are your snacks high in sugar? Do you 'pick' between meals? Do you eat a lot of carbohydrates like pasta, crackers and bread?


I would suggest an Ig G Food test for delayed hypersensitivity. This may be paid for by your insurance and even if not, I would suggest getting the test. Many laboratories do this test, especially Neuroscience and Metametrix. It is difficult to stop eating these foods if it is not seen in writing that the patient may be allergic or sensitive to the food. Once the allergens are stopped you will be surprised how the eczema lessens.


I also try some herbs which I consider traditional for skin ailments as burdock, calendula, yellow dock, sarsaparilla and dandelion. All except calendula are also liver detoxifiers. I also rely on dermatologists to help me find the exact skin condition. Is it psoriasis, eczema, or dermatitis ? I do know that a change in dietary lifestyle will alleviate any of those conditions. The problem is most other doctros would give a steroid for a skin condition. I do not !



You can buy 2 ounces of a skin salve. You can get it from Flower Power on East 9th in NYC or on any of the great herbal sites like http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ or http://www.gaiaherbs.com/


Now add the following to the salve:


1. 1/2 teaspoon of these herbal tinctures:



Pau d' arco


Goldenseal


Barberry





2. 8 drops of the following essential oils


Chamomille


Tea Tree Oil





Stir all together into the salve. It will be semi-liquid and apply throughout the day.


Until tomorrow...








No comments:

Post a Comment