Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JULY 13, 2010 -- A GENIUS




"God is subtle, but he is not malicious " Albert Einstein

I always thought of Albert Einstein as a scientist, not as a philosopher-- until recently. Like the one above, he has left us many thoughtful quotes. I know in a previous blog on a needlepoint canvas (which I haven't even begun to stitch yet) I shared this Einstein quote:
"No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it. We must learn to see the world anew."

Both of these Einstein quotes ring loud and clear. Up until about 15 years ago I had lost my faith in God in the religious way. I was raised to believe in God as per the Catholic religion. As a child, I loved the sermons on Sunday morning. I loved them when Father Peter G. did them, especially at the 9 am mass. When he was relocated I was heart broken. He was there for most of my early religious years. He was present to renew my grandparents vows on their 50th Wedding anniversary. He was also there for me to serve at my mother's funeral mass.

Over the years, his sermons became my weekly gripping, Broadway drama performance. I wanted a musical. I imagined him going into a chorus of Gypsy or 'The Hostess with the Mostess' from Call Me Madam. It never happened but it was a great fantasy.

There is something calming about the priesthood. I love the way the priests puttered around the church from task to task. I love the pomp and circumstance- I love ritual. As I write this I think is there any ritual that I do daily that my parents or grandparents did? I couldn't think of one. I do break a dish on New Year's Eve (supposedly a Sicilian tradition). My father used to have the 7 course fish dinner every Christmas Eve-that ended in December 2004. I do not eat meat on Good Friday. If I am not consistent with these rituals or patterns from the past, what does it say about my life? I do say, "Good morning, God," each and every day I arise from bed. I have come to believe that rituals and traditions are very important, but life does move on. I have developed new rituals/patterns with Rick, my children and our friends.

In the second quote I have substituted the 'world anew' with different words or problems that need to be solved. For example, "No problem can be solved from....created it. We must learn to see Cherry Grove anew." I can also say we must learn to see a particular disease or patient anew.

God is real. My Higher Power is the God of my understanding. While it may be the same God as yours, mine is mine to me. As I say, "Good morning God," I have a sense of serenity and love. And as the day ends, I say, "Thank you God." This is my ritual! What are some of your rituals?


Back to chelation ...

There have been studies in peer review literature to show the effects of lead on cardiovascular disease. In 2007 the Environmental Health Perspective published a report stating that lead exposure is associated with an increased risk of stroke, peripheral artery disease, hypertension and arrhythmias. In the journal Circulation, (2006) data reviewed from 1988-1994 showed an association between lead and cardiovascular disease. The data is in print and available. The general public needs to know. I do know that many of my patients know, and that is why they seek medical attention. The problem is that many of the allopathic (conventional) physicians do not investigate such issues. It is either out of their specialty or ignorance is bliss.

As far as the treatment for heavy metal intoxication, EDTA or DMSA can be used. Both are chelators for lead and mercury as well as other toxic metals. The treatment protocol can be either intravenous or suppositories for lead , and capsules for mercury intoxication. The intravenous form of DMSA is not used to treat mercury toxicity. It was used in the past but caution must be taken. It is not considered the standard of care at this time.

Regardless of which metal detox treatment program you undertake, there needs to be a replacement of the good minerals. Chelation is not selective to take out all the bad, and not the good. EDTA will remove lead primarily, along with arsenic, cadmium and mercury, as well as calcium, iron, copper and other minerals.

One article I have always found intriguing discusses the association between a cardiac muscle biopsies performed in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (a dilated heart). It was found that these muscle biopsies contained increased amounts of mercury, arsenic, cadmium and aluminum.

For centuries, mercury miners have done sweating/sauna baths to rid themselves of metals. This has been done in Almaden, Spain. Other detoxifiers include .... All three have been used effectively.


I personally use the latter two herbs, with an addition of 3 herbs:
curcurmin, astagalus and hops.

More chelation tomorrow...

My second hero, Albert Einstein was born 14 March 1879 and died 18 April 1955. He was a theoretical physicist, philosopher and author who is widely regarded as one of the most influential and best known scientists and intellectuals of all time. Often regarded as the father of modern physics, he received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick, first-timer comment, old-timer friend and patient. About Mass, Sermons, I had many of the same emotions and reactions, as a youngster, and when I was drafted the first surprise was that "military" did not have to observe fasting on Fridays by Papal dispensation. As an adult, when I finally realized the beauty of the Mass in Latin, it was changed to English. I have followed a different spiritual path for the past twenty years, but God is God, thank God. Enjoy your blog. Don

    ReplyDelete