Saturday, July 24, 2010

JULY 24, 2010 DO NOT "THINK PINK"




"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day." - Charles Swindoll

I love the idea of having a choice every day. Choice to do anything I want to do. When it regards personality traits, good or bad, or attitude or gratitude, I think about it even more in a positive way. What kind of attitude did you embrace for today? Remember it is only for today ! I embraced a lot of gratitude. It actually started at 11:58 pm last evening. It was when a patient, R. R wrote, "They have a heart for me. Should go down for pre-op prep in 5-10 minutes. Thanks for all your care..." I took a deep sigh and tears ran down my cheeks. From the first line, They have a heart for me.. to the end of the text, my smile widened. I was praying for those words one day. I know that 'R' and his family waited for that call since the first day he was told he needed a cardiac transplant. I responded, "My prayers and love are with you. I am so happy for you and your family."

His daughter reported today at 10:00 am that her father got the heart put in at 6 am. She thanked me,"...for all your help and excellent doctoring." I did nothing. I did what I was trained to do. I am not a transplant doctor. I was there for 'R' and his family. I wanted him to always clear his mind, be selfish at this time in his life and lead a less stressful life. Easier said than done. He did a fine job. Naturally, my mind wandered as I tried to fall asleep. I have many thoughts before I go to sleep every night. Last night was NO exception. However, I concentrated on sending out positive love energy and mantras to "R". I embraced the day with gratitude. When we have a stressful day, think of those less fortunate. Can you imagine what thoughts "R" has been waking up with every day--waiting for the call of his lifetime. He got that call last night. Then he had moments of happiness, joy and fear. FEAR of everything he has anticipated until that call.
Please send out love and energy to 'R'.

You would think I would discuss cardiac transplants today. I am not sure I will. I do not want to deviate from the 'above the neck' disorders and diseases. Although transplant is an interesting topic--it does not affect many individuals. I am sure one day I will discuss it.

Continuing with the eyes, lets discuss blepharitis and conjunctivitis. Blepharitis is a condition of the eyes that causes scaly red eyelids. It is like "dandruff" of the eye. Somtimes bacteria make this condition worse. Those with blepharitis have an increased risk of developing conjunctivitis. You must remember that any medical term ending in 'itis' means inflammation. There are steroid cremes that will help this condition. If you want the natural approach (which I hope you do), here are some simple solutions. I love simple solutions to complex problems.

1. Wash the eyelids twice a day with warm soap and water
2. Try using an antidandruff shampoo
3. Consider a food allergy as a cause

Now to those itchy, gritty pink eyes. This is called conjunctivitis. You may wake up with crusted eyelids and discharge. Remember conjunctivitis is contagious. This is why you are sent home from work or school with those pink eyes. You might need an antibioic from a physician. The best approach in treating pink eye is to keep the eye as clean as possible. You can use a clean washcloth with warm water solution on the eyelids. It will help loosen the crusted eyelid. Let it dry or pat with a towel. DO NOT rub the eye with the wash cloth. If not gone naturally in two days, please consult your health care professional. If you have chronic pink eye, you probably have food sensitivities.

So let's NOT " THINK PINK"

"Think Pink" was a musical number sang by Kay Thompson in Funny Face. Funny Face is an American musical film released in 1957 in VistaVision Technicolor, with assorted songs by George and Ira Gershwin. The film was written by Leonard Gershe and directed by Stanley Donen. It stars Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, and Kay Thompson.


Charles Rozell "Chuck" Swindoll (born October 18, 1934) is an evangelical Christian pastor, author, educator, and radio preacher. He founded Insight for Living, currently headquartered in Plano, Texas, which airs a radio program of the same name on more than 2,000 stations around the world in 15 languages. He is currently the senior pastor of Stonebriar Community Church, in Frisco, Texas.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment