Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010 STOP THE TUMS




"Freedom means the right to be different, the right to be oneself." Ira Eisenstein

I love the idea of freedom. Being able to do what I want. As a mature human being I want to be able to continue to do good, without harm . Rick wrote this yesterday which I found to be profound:
" After many of the experiences Patrick and I have had both in business and personally, we have started to try and remove the negative effects and bestow auspiciousness in our lives. In our society, it is hard to avoid, remove or even look at negative things differently, but before we can accomplish such in our lives, we have to at least start. This is FREEDOM. Fire Island, specifically and recently has brought negative feelings, effects, relationships, etc., into our lives. Rather than hold the negative inside and complain, we need to look at what we offered to the community and what we received in return. NOT THAT WE SHOULD DO THINGS TO EXPECT A REWARD OR ANY CONDEMNATION, but to see the gifts of our volunteer work, devotion and the true friendships we developed. Fire Island will always be a place to go and relax, share times with family and friends, and enjoy the outside, but it will never be the same that it was two, three, four, or even five years ago. But the question is this, does it need to be? The answer is "no". Anything without change, is not good. We have more than served our goodness to the community..now, our reward is to enjoy it."

This says everything I want to say about Freedom. I have a choice. Ever since being sober I have had a choice. I felt I didn't, that I had to please everyone. There is no one to please. I am a good person. I must try to please and be good to myself. I have learned this the hard way. I want to say "I" so it is a reminder to me.

Yesterday we discussed Lead Intoxication. Today, we will discuss the toxic effects of aluminum in the body. Did you know that the country Guam has 15 % of all patients who suffer from Lou Gehrig's disease (amytrophic lateral sclerosis)? Why would this be?
Research found that there was an increased incidence of aluminum toxicity on this island. Aluminum is present in the earth. There is no use for it in the body. There have been numerous studies that have linked aluminum to memory loss, premature senility, Parkinson's Disease and other neurological diseases.

What are your sources of aluminum?
1. Aluminum cooking vessels
2. Aluminum containing antacids
3. Aluminum cans
4. Under arm deodorant - Tom's is Aluminum free
5. Pesticides
6. Cigarette smoking

Signs and symptoms of aluminum toxicity:

1. Shortness of breath
2. Gastric distress (stomach aches)
3. Skin reactions
4. Gas (flatulence)
5. Increased serum (blood) liver tests
6. Memory problems

When working with Dr. Robert Atkins, I did my first metal test by blood and provocation. I had a high level of aluminum and mercury. It was from the under arm deodorant. I also was melting aluminum cans in high school shop class to make sculptures. Both have lead to a decreased T score on my bone density test. I chelated myself (I will discuss that soon.)
Tomorrow I will discuss the another toxic metal - cadmium

Rabbi Ira Eisenstein (1906 - June 28, 2001) founded Reconstructionist Judaism, along with Rabbi Mordecai Kaplan, his teacher and, later, father-in-law through his marriage to Judith Kaplan, over a period of time spanning from the late 1920s to the 1940s. Reconstructionist Judaism formally became a distinct denomination within Judaism. A native of Manhattan, New York, Rabbi Eisenstein held a bachelor's degree and a doctoral degree from Columbia University. In 1931, he was ordained by the Jewish Theological Seminary.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment