Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010 CLEAN PIPES / AMMA AND CLEANSING YOUR SOUL

"Never forget that you are never alone in this journey. God is always with you"

"Love and unity are not alien to human nature --they are fundamental instincts, the very foundation of our existence."

"Let us strive to reach a state in which we are able to see all beings on earth as a part of our own SELF"

All the above quotes are from Amma, also known as Sri Mata Amritanandamayi who is a loving, giving and healing person known throughout the world as a humanitarian and spiritual leader. Amma tells us that true human service to humanity is achieved when we put aside our own concerns for the good and welfare of others. Her message is simple, a profound love for the human spirit. Her message is spiritual not religious.

I am not an expert on Amma. It was not coincidental that I had the rare opportunity to meet and receive a hug, actually a blessing last night by Amma. We experienced her blessing, a darshan. Through friends, in reality a new 'family' addition, Rick and I listened to Amma, sang with Amma, sat with Amma, and were given a gift from Amma. She grabbed me close, whispered in my right ear and held me tight. When she finished, I looked up at her beautiful smile. She handed me an apple. How significant for me, the doctor. Rick and I were hugged together-- which was special. It was a monumental, spiritual and blessed gift. Her words touched the heart of spirituality last night. Her words were simple and made common sense. Yet so needed in this busy world, complicated by relationships and personalities, haunted by war, and devastated by disasters.

I would encourage you to read/view: www.rickandrickey.blogspot.com
The first song randomly on my iPod this morning was Somewhere. It was being sung by Ms. Streisand. I could only think of Rick and I spending the rest of our lives together with family, friends, and grandchildren round our feet at the lake on a clear summer day.
"Somewhere (A Place for Us)"
music by Leonard Bernstein; lyrics by Stephen Sondheim

There's a place for us,
Somewhere a place for us.
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us
Somewhere.
There's a time for us,
Some day a time for us,
Time together with time to spare,
Time to look, time to care,
Someday!
Somewhere.
We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere.

There's a place for us,
A time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're half way there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Someday,
Somewhere!

Yesterday I blogged about Mercury. The most common metal intoxication we hear about and are most familiar with is Lead. Where would you get lead from? That is a good question and easily answered. When I see an adult with lead either on a blood test or a provocative urine 6 hr challenge, I immediately ask them to check their water supply. Many old dwellings have old pipes. I never forget the 1987 movie, Moonstruck where Loretta Castorini's (Cher) father (Vincent Gardenia) is explaining to new prospective clients about lead pipes and the more expensive copper pipes.

The increasing prevalence of lead as an environmental contaminant is causing many to suffer adverse health effects. Do you know any adverse effects of lead intoxication? Did you know that people still get lead poisoning? Some of the signs and symptoms include: headache, depression, insomnia, fatigue, irratability, anxiety and aching muscles. If I read these symptoms I would be saying- "Well that is what I feel, or any disease even the common viral cold can give me these symptoms." How true! In later stages, lead can cause abdominal pain, weight loss, foot drop (peripheral neuropathy) and blue-black lines on gums. I have even seen iron deficiency anemia secondary to lead poisoning.

Again where does one get lead (Pb) from? Remember before 1976 when gasoline was not 'unleaded'? Burning gasoline used to put lead into the atmosphere. Rain washes any pollutant in air to the land and it runs off into bodies of water. For you, it can be the drinking water, lead plumbing, herbs if collected at the roadside, vegetables grown in contaminated lead soil, leaded house paint, ceramics, tobacco and even cosmetics.

As far as the pipes...Lead piping was popular in plumbing systems until the early 1900’s. There is little danger of encountering excessive levels of lead in the pipes of a house constructed using modern materials and methods but lead in drinking water can be a problem in houses that are very old or very new.


For those females, hair dye can be a leading cause of lead in the body.

Will review other metals tomorrow...aluminum and cadium.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment