Thursday, July 15, 2010

JULY 15, 2010 HALITOSIS





Why is Clark Gable's photograph on the blog ? Read on --

"When I wake up in the morning, after saying Good morning God, 80 % of the things in my head are none of my business " - PF

Do you ever just get lost in your thoughts? Well, I do. For one, medicine is controlled not by us, the doctors who care, but by the government, insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies. How sad. I used to be frozen with fear and defeated before the day began. Now I wake up with vigor, a positive mantra, and a smile. I love to smile. I love to say Good Morning to God and to my parrot, Gracie. My job is to clean myself up, dust myself off, and start the day over again --Thanks Francis Albert Sinatra. I have no control of the day and the future. I do know that I can start my day over again at any time I want to. Try ACTION not RE-ACTION. I do believe that meditation will make you start the day off with a better outlook. Try it! Start slow - Remember 4-7-8 breathing.



Let's continue with the MOUTH --
There is nothing worse than kissing a loved one with bad breath. The medical term for bad breath is halitosis. There are many causes for bad breath. The good news is that simple hygiene and natural remedies can eliminate most mouth odors.

You do know that 'aisle 8' at Duane Reade or Rite Aide has many proposed solutions. Although sometimes it can be counterproductive. It is the mouthwash aisle. There are plenty. For one they contain alcohol, and are flavored. I would suggest an alcohol free mouthwash. Look for them- they are available. It is true that some mouthwashes may kill the bacteria, but it also true that they come right back. The one point to make is that too much mouthwash can be irritating to the gums and the tongue.

The most obvious cause of halitosis is poor dental hygiene. Did you know that gum disease is the #1 oral health issue in America today? Simple brushing and flossing are not enough. You can prevent and reverse gum disease. You need to know who to see and who uses the natural remedies like lavender and calendula. Diet does play an important role in oral health. Your dietary lifestyle, the first lifestyle change that I have been discussing for months can reverse gum disease. Dentists will say to brush your teeth regularly. It is true but what is the proper way! Dentsits will say to floss regularly. I have found that flossing irritates. I have been introduced to the world of water- pik. I find this more effective with less irritation. Of course, I avoid popcorn. When the pieces of food get lodged in the teeth or gum line, the food decomposes, thus causing bad breath. Brush your tongue as well as your teeth. Do not scrub your tongue as if it is a frying pan, just gently brush it with a soft- bristled brush to wash away those microbes. Sometimes bad breath is caused by the foods you eat- like garlic, pepperoni, or salami and not your gums.

Simple things to do:
1. Regularly change your toothbrush.
2. See an integrative dental health care professional.
3. Read Reversing Gum Disease Naturally.
4. See an ENT physician. Post nasal drip from chronic sinusitis may be a cause.
5. Eat carrots, celery and apples to fight off the development of plaque.
6. One remedy: peppermint oil in 4 oz of water; Gargle. DO NOT SWALLOW
7. Eliminate offending food and drink. Keep the garlic - major health benefits

Because of a bad gum infection in 1933, Clark Gable had to have most of his teeth removed and replaced by dentures, which caused him to suffer from halitosis. During the filming of Gone with the Wind, Vivien Leigh complained about how foul the stench was… but they got along really well other than that. That would be enough for me not to kiss him..but he was manly when he was young...

William Clark Gable (February 1, 1901–November 16, 1960) was an American film actor nicknamed "The King of Hollywood" in his heyday. In 1999, the American Film Institute named Gable seventh among the greatest male stars of all time. He won an Academy Award for It Happened One Night in 1934 starring Claudette Colbert


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment