Thursday, July 7, 2011

JULY 12, 2011 FORGIVE THE ARTHRITIS


















"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."

- Paul Boese





I do believe we all have the capacity to forgive. Some may forgive more than others. I feel I never forgave some that may have done me wrong in the past. I always kept these people in the data bank in my subconscious. In the last 6 months I have been working on forgiveness. To forgive is enlightening. It does make the future easier. Easier on the heart. I have found that if I forgive from my heart, it means 'to me' that I have done my part. In a way it is tied in with an amends to that particular person, place or thing. I am practicing forgiveness on a daily basis. I need these lessons. We all need these lessons


Did you practice forgiveness today?



The aching is more than in the emotional heart.



Who doesn't have an ache now and then! I do. I am in the 50 year old plus crowd, and I do have arthritis. My father and grandfather had arthritis. I know my dad had arthritis from his work as a truckologist (his term for a truck driver). Wouldn't you rather take a supplement or herb instead of the Alleve, Advil, or one of the other anti inflammatory medications?

There are many supplements and herbs I utilize for those aching bones and cartilage problems.

The first one is glucosamine. Glucosamine is an amino sugar that helps build all the major cushioning ingredients of the synovial fluid (fluid around the joint). There is extensive research indicating that glucosamine helps produce glycosaminoglycans. The glcosaminoglycans act like mortar that holds collagen fibers of the cartilage structure together. In order to produce hyaluronic acid which is needed for the synovial fluid--glucosamine is required. The hyaluronic acid serves to reduce the wear and tear on the joints. I find glucosamine and hyaluronic acid to be the most important supplements for knees.

Another substance which is not reguarly discussed is Cetylmyristoleate. I started to use cetylM while working with the late Dr. Robert Atkins. Although you might know him from his diet, he did write a most beneficial book called The Vita-nutrient Solution. In this book he describes the use of high dose CetylM. It is one of the unique fatty acid esters. This unique fatty acid ester helps reduce joint pain and increase mobility. There are double- blind placebo controlled human studies on cetylM revealing a 70% improvement in arthritic sympotoms after a 3 month administration of cetylM compared to placebo.

The next supplement which stirs up many conversations is Collagen hydrolysate. We do know that collagen is the major protein found in articular cartilage. There are few studies to support collagen.



There are also herbs for arthritis. Examples are white willow bark, boswelia, and many more.
There are great research studies on herbs used in arthritis. The white willow bark has been used for centuries as a natural pain reliever. The salicylic acid in white willow bark lowers the level of prostaglandins, hormone like compounds that can cause aches, pain and inflammation. The body metabolizes the salicylic differently than aspirin so it doesn't cause stomach bleeding.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment