Monday, July 25, 2011

JULY 26, 2011 YOUR OWN IMMUNE HEALTH

"If I were to begin life again, I should want it just as it was; ONLY I would open my eyes a little more." - Jules Renard




I think I would keep my eyes wide open. Reflecting back, I have trusted too many individuals, I was aware of certain circumstances, and not only were my eyes shut, but my mouth was too. As circumstances would have it, I was an enabler to the circumstances that happened in my life pre and post sobriety. The difference is I can now accept this. I have gone from awareness to acknowledgment to acceptance. I do not blame others for my mistakes as I once did. I can say honestly and wholeheartedly, I blame myself. This is life. I am one of those people who have learned from their mistakes. It was a hard lesson to learn, but I did. I wouldn't want to have changed anything...well, maybe some things, but I clearly would want to open up my eyes more...




In addition to cardiovascular health, we all could do better with our own immune health. Many of the chronic medical conditions are linked to how well our immune system is functioning. The chronic conditions such as Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, have a direct connection to all aspects of our life including dietary lifestyle, exercise and other lifestyles. Why do you think cancer and auto immune disease increase with age?

These increase because for the years preceding you have had a poor dietary lifestyle.

You ate too many refined carbohydrates, processed foods with dyes, less water and increased alcohol consumption. I often wonder when I see men my age (51) why do they still drink, smoke, use drugs and have unprotected sex? Are these men on a suicide mission?




I feel every person should take the following to promote a healthy immune system.

1. Probiotics - these are the good bacteria. Yogurt is NOT the answer

2. Vitamin D3 - sun can give you enough (without sunblock for 10 minutes 3 times a week, but you need healthy small intestines/colon)

3. Green Tea- you cannot drink what is needed. It cannot hurt to drink green tea but studies indicate 24 + cups of green tea per day.

4. Greens - we ALL need more greens each day. Greens contain antioxidants, B vitamins and much more. If you cannot eat 2-3 servings of greens per day as food, then purchase a Green Powder. (check out www.longevitynutritionals.com for their greens, reds, purples and orange powders)



The list could be endless especially when discussing antioxidants. I could write a separate list of the right herbs to take like ginger, tumeric, green tea, bacopa and rhodiola.


The real question is, "Do you want to change your dietary lifestyle?" I cannot make anyone change. Individuals who are sick and tired of being sick and tired might consider changing. If you aren't one of those individuals maybe you are fearful of change. Are you fearful of change?

Change is good.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment